𝟎𝟖. 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

june 10th

"RAFAEL?"

The tall statuesque frame of the familiar face jumped off the hood of his jeep, making his way over to the much smaller "-Chelsea. It's been a while since I've seen you around."

"Ain't that a shame."

"Who did you come with?"

A slow approach by the third party — trying to avoid an interruption and shift of focus — inevitably caught the pair's eyes, only to come face to face with two different expressions.

"Pope, this is... Rafe. And this is Pope."

"You came here with him?" The blonde laughed aloud, waving his head upwards.

"Don't be rude!"

"I didn't know you two- knew each other." Pope intervened, in a much lower tone which contrasted with Rafe's apparent arrogance and confidence.

"Yeah, we- I knew him."

"We go way back, Pogue."

The amber-haired girl frowned at his snarky remarks, before turning to face Pope, who she pulled alongside her back towards the centre of the party. "I am so sorry about Rafe, he can be a bit of a dick sometimes."

"Tell me about it" he muttered to himself, before glancing at her once they came to a stop near the log they were previously sitting at. "How do you know him?"

"It's a long story..." she answered dismissively.

"You were friends with him? Because he doesn't-"

"He's my ex." Chelsea gulped, nodding her head at the statement as if it was just as much of a confirmation for herself as it was for him "we used to date."

Although for the teen, her statement hadn't been of much importance, it hit Pope's over-thinking stage of mind like a ton of bricks. The remainder of time spent at the bonfire his thoughts ran a thousand miles, although his actions didn't show it, as he continued listening into her antics and watch her easily socialize with the people around her.