𝟏𝟑. 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

june 15th

A DUMBFOUNDED SMILE  is the universal sign for a girl in love. And Chelsea couldn't get it off her face, even if she tried to. After last night's events, the couple had spent a magnificent morning together, that lead through the early afternoon and all the way up to the night.

It was only after a short spam of text messages by Cole, that she decided keeping his Jeep overnight had been a stretch and Pope insisted it was a good idea for her to go home.

For the first time in a long time, Chelsea felt all the element summers in her skin. The warm summer breeze that caressed the hand that hung off her car window matched perfectly with the light feeling of the season.

Her mother had also previously texted her that she was caught up with some event organizing down at the country club, so the teen managed to extend her overnight stay all the way up until dinner time.

She was now reaching into her driveway short past ten and Ocean Valley became less audible through the car's speakers, so she turned it down to realize there was loud music coming from elsewhere.

Her house.

The instant repulse she felt managed to slap off her loved daze in a matter of seconds. 

It wasn't possible that her brother was throwing a soiree in the middle of the week, when her mother could come home at any second. I guess you could say common sense didn't run in the family.

What made her more upset, apart from the evident loud music coming from inside the house and the drunk crowd starting exactly at her front porch, was how fast this unfortunate event had took her from the high spirits she was in a minute ago.

She couldn't possibly believe the privilege these people had, enjoying a house party while others were trying to fix the damage made to their households.

The young girl shut the Jeep's front door after her and made her way inside. 

Although the house was a considerable size, there was still a large crowd gathering to where Chelsea knew she'd have to push people around to get to the stairs.

The entrance of the house presented an open space kitchen and living area, so when Chelsea took up the stairs to move up the floor and into her room, her eyes scanned across the room until they landed on a familiar site.

To a corner of the room, Rafe was pinned up against a wall by a far shorter girl than him who made her best effort to reach his face and press her lips against his.

His open eyes did lock on Chelsea's and although it felt like longer than five seconds, the Walton girl stormed off in hopes to delete that image off her mind.

She tried focusing on her steps across from her, although the corner of her eye caught a tall frame rushing through the room and pushing a few people making his way towards the stairs.

"Chelsea!"

The calling of her name was just extra motivation for her to hurry up.

What followed were drunken shouts and different versions of her name: Chelsea, Chelz, Chel,...

In the upper floor, the teen managed to reach her room's door and opened it in a rush but for some reason, his tall frame had caught up to her and was now placing a foot in the missing gap. She tried her best to push it shut, but he effortlessly pushed pass her.

"Take that shit outside!"  

It wasn't often that she'd curse, but the blunt Rafe had in hand just added up to the amount of causes that made her want to strangle him at this very moment. 

Still holding onto the door and hoping he'd get some sense into his head and make his way back out, she was appalled when the teen carried on his way further down her room and onto the balcony. As if he was home, and welcomed!

She looked outside her door for a brief second and there were very attentive onlookers on the opposite side of it, so she shut it and made her way out her room — where a rather relaxed Rafe sat in one of the lounge chairs that decorated the outside space of her room.

He smelled of male cologne and alcohol and it brought back a combination of memories she wish she had deleted permanently.

Temptation. That'd always been one of his downfalls. 

"I don't want you here."

"You don't want me inside, either."

His relaxing manner made her even more pissed, as she crossed her arms looking down at him.

Although the loud music was very audible from the outside of the house, the fact that they were a floor above the mess, allowed her to listen to his words very clearly.

"You are disgusting, I don't want to ever—"

"Chels."

"Don't fucking Chels me."

He then raised his eyebrows at her repeated cursing and she wish she'd just slap the smug off of him.

"Let me explain."

"You must be out of your mind if you think I'll listen to anything that comes out of that mouth."

"The animosity..." he waved around before exhaling the last end of his blunt and standing up from the lounge-chair. Chelsea was standing in a corner of the stone-built balcony and with this, his taller frame cornered her. It wasn't until he reached for the plant to her right that she realized he was looking for a place to discard of the blunt in his hands.

She tried ignoring the proximity he was purposely maintaining between the two, so luckily he sat back down shortly after.

"You should leave."

The heaviness on his eyes and the way he focused on the emptiness of the night darkness in front of him showed Chelsea he was out of it. Which is why the following words came as a shock for the young girl.

"I'm sorry."

~*:·゚

listening to:

midas by maribou state