𝟎𝟑. 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐭

          APART FROM SENDING CHELSEA A TEXT so she could save his number in her device, Pope was one of the only teens in the 21st century whose texting was a foreign concept to

          APART FROM SENDING CHELSEA A TEXT so she could save his number in her device, Pope was one of the only teens in the 21st century whose texting was a foreign concept to. Back home, he would barely use his hope to communicate with his friends, let alone a girl.

JJ constantly harassed him on the female-friends subject, insisting on whether he had met someone, saying that these college girls were the best to get at — as if he knew — but for the young teen, he was far from revealing he had actually met a person of the opposite sex. Also because he wasn't sure if he could consider Chelsea as someone he had met, especially in the way his friend thought so.

In his eyes, she was mainly being nice and social as she appeared to be, but nothing else.

It was currently Thursday night which around Chapel Hill was known as the academic night, when most parties took place and students roamed around campus, preparing for the Friday night big sports event. Very indifferent to all of this was Pope, currently sitting down in his bed reading over an essay due tomorrow.

His roommate had left earlier in the evening and didn't have plans on returning anytime soon which gave him plenty of time to be the least academic student in UNC, all by himself.

Across the room, however, the device that vibrated in his desk seemed to have other plans. Pope shrugged at the shinning bright screen light that showed a notification on his device, intending on going back to his essay, before it rang back again.

Grunting against his will to stand up, he walked over to pick his phone, dropping the paper in the bed and grasping onto the phone, checking on the news.

chelsea

hi

u up?

The young teen rubbed his eye, much to his disbelief that a text message of any sort, let alone social, had been sent to his device. Thousands of questions flood his mind like a stormy day's rain.

What would his reply be, would be even reply, he couldn't just be honest and admit he was studying this late on a Thursday night, that would display his looser cards on the table. But also if he didn't, that would defeat his purpose of knowing the reason being the message.