𝟎𝟕. 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

june 9th

          AFTER ENDURING A LONG HIGHWAY DRIVE enclosed in the same space as her older brother, Chelsea was relieved to have reached her long awaited final destination — the Outer Banks. The particularly large house that had been lent to the Walton family for summer holiday wasn't the teen's main concern. Instead, she was just eager to get in contact with Pope and get her break started.

She took only a few minutes freshening up and changing into a lighter summer outfit, before Pope texted to inform her of his arrival. Since her family hadn't been there in forever, the amber haired girl was basically a stranger to the Banks. Nor was she familiar with the separation that occurred between the less fortunate part and Figure 8.

Luckily for her, the other members had dispersed each to do their engagements, therefore no teasing or explanation had to be dealt with.

The sun was setting once Chelsea stepped down the front porch and the warm feeling of the golden hour wrapping around her was so comforting that she nearly forgot to search for the boy she was meant to meet — only to realize he was nowhere in sight. Looking further out into the dirt driveway, she then spotted a VW Van, which she made her way to.

"You could've gone closer, silly." She teased, entering the vintage vehicle before grabbing his chin between her index and thumb and pressing a long-lasting kiss to his cheek.

"I didn't know what was the situation with your family."

"An annoying older brother and a mother that lives for her tea o'clock posse that luckily have left the house earlier. I guess I should've told you about that." Chelsea rambled as she searched for a seatbelt in the truck.

Pope just watched her in amazement, it was quite funny how the two had such different rhythms. He was often calm but would freak out at the slightest inconvenience, whilst Chelsea was quick to display a full-on monologue during a conversation, but still remained to be the voice of reason in hardest times. It was as their differences balanced the both.