𝟎𝟗. 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

june 11th 

THE IMMINENT HEADACHE went against Chelsea's belief that yesterday had been nothing but a chill, controlled night. Two beers turned into five and so on — her only salvation was taking a tablet, but unfortunately her water bottle was empty which meant she had to walk down the stairs for a refill.

Although it felt longer, it was just the first day waking up in the summer house for the Waltons and it was quite visible by the messy baggage claim section on top of the stairs, which the younger member dodged luckily as she was still rubbing on her head.

Chelsea was quite a joyful morning person, contrary to the usual person, but one thing she was yet to learn how to cope with were hangovers and that is also mainly why the sight of her brother working out outside by the pool, made her as stomach turn more than the remains of alcohol in it actually did.

She stumbled across the middle island and into the sink, her eyes half-shut just allowing the minimum required space vision she needed to see. Turning the faucet on, she started pouring it on the glass in hand and brought it too her lips, even before it filled all the way up.

Once she regained her basic needs, Chelsea turned to walk back upstairs only to come face to face with a broad shirtless figure that stood at the height of her face. Assuming it was her brother, she prepared to mouth some not-so-nice things, before the familiar face met her glance.

Just as a small child preparing for bed, the red-head rubbed her eyes once more before opening them up in hopes the sight would be long gone "it's way too early for this."

"Morning to you too."

"Don't you have a house, Rafe?"

"Just thought I'd stop on by and check yours out,"

"Like this?" the young teen gestured emotionless towards his naked torso who was now leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Don't act like you don'-"

"Please do not finish that sentence." She prepared to leave, before he cut her short.

"Hey Chelsea, what was that about last night?"

"What does that even mean?"

"The crowds you were hanging out with. Where did you met those people?"

"Not sure if I'm more impressed by the boldness of your statement or the nerve." Once she finished her sentence, her brother's tall figure showed up by her side, frowning amongst the two teens, wondering what the topic of the conversation must've been.

"What's going on?" Cole asked, opening up the fridge to take out a water bottle.

"I'm asking myself the same question. Don't mind me, though, I was just leaving" Chelsea mentioned, before lifting her index finger "why don't you share some of that water with your friend, he is sounding a little dehydrated."

As she made her way back up the stairs, her brother's chuckles could be heard through the halls, but she opted not to pay those two much mind.

It was the first official day of summer down at the Banks and she had previously planned a beach day with Pope and his friends, which she prepared for.

When rushing down the stairs, she was glad she didn't have to endure any further unwanted encounters, which allowed for her to just run through the dirt driveway where she could spot the friend group's Volkswagen van at the end — still nervous to pick me up at my door, she thought.

Inside the car, stood JJ in the driver seat with Pope by his side and John B. and Kiara in the back. "Here she comes," the teen spoke enthusiastically.

"I still don't get it why couldn't I just pull up to her entrance, you're gonna make her walk the whole pathway."

"It's not like I've met her family yet, JJ."

"She did give you permission, though. Right?" John B. intruded from the back.

"Unless you're forcing her to date you, which I'm still not setting aside." JJ stated, earning a slap in the head by Kiara who frowned at him in disbelief.

"Just try and act normal."

"Wait a minute," JJ looked past Pope, towards the house. Pope blocked his view, thinking he was staring at the young girl, but he soon pushed him away "don't tell me that's Cameron's jeep."

"Get out of here!" John B. laughed, standing up with an unrolled blunt in hand, to get a better view.

"Guys, stop it! She's almost here."

"It's true, brother. Pope here didn't tell you? Guess he's Rafe's competition, now."

"JJ, don-"

"She's dated Rafe! I so need an entail on that."

"Stop it-"

"Hi guys!" Chelsea greeted from the outside of the van, opening the passenger seat's door and climbing next to Pope, whose cheek she pecked.

"Chelsea! Long time no see." JJ smiled cheerfully, focusing his then funny expression on Pope, who stared at him blankly.

"Shall we go? The beach awaits." Kie intervened.

- ⋆ -

Kiara and Chelsea sat in their towels, soaking in the sun and chatting the morning away, while the boys' surfing skills kept their eyes occupied. "I so wanna learn how to surf, this summer."

"Didn't he teach y-" the brunette started, before thinking back on how to rephrase her sentence "haven't you learned? Pope told us you spent some summers out here."

"I was very young, my mind was elsewhere during those times. How about you, not feeling it today?" She pointed towards the girl's surfboard that laid flat next to her.

"Not today, still feeling a bit sick from yesterday."

"Girl, tell me about it!"

Not long after, the boys started making their way out of the water after nearly an hour riding some waves and chatting away. And this, according to Kiara, had been quite fast of them. The teens would spent entire afternoons in the water, where the time didn't seem to pass.

They met them halfway and Chelsea rushed to her beloved, wrapping her arms around his neck, ignoring the cold water drops that collapsed onto her body. Her lips made their way to his, before an obvious loud cough was heard from the boy next to them, causing their heads to turn.

"Chelsea, I'm very curious in getting to know you."

Pope frowned whilst the amber-haired teen smiled at JJ's remark, before nodding. "Just don't say anything stupid, JJ-"

"My friend, you know I would never. I just have to ask, if I may... Rafe?"

Each of the teens face's displayed a different emotion and silence fell through for a second, before Chelsea's chuckle loosened everyone up. "I know, he's rather complicated. But I didn't know you two knew each other. Do you not get along?"

JJ's eyed widened, turning to face Pope before erupting into laughter.