𝟎𝟔. 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐋 𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐋 𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋

june 9th

THE LONG DRIVE BETWEEN the Walton's residency and their recently-picked summer destination down at the Outer Banks was the main cause for the excessive amount of packing that each family member was now loading into the SUV.

"Are you really going to need all that?" Chelsea snorted, as the older sibling walked past her loading yet another backpack.

"Get off my case. Don't come taking my stuff when you are cold!"

"I'd rather freeze."

"And forget about borrowing my Jeep-"

"Children, if this is how the four-hour drive is starting, we must leave one of you home." Blair, their mother, warned while carrying her purse towards the driver's seat.

"Don't blame me — your daughter over here is the one who has her panties in a twist."

"You're disgusting."

"Language."

"What's with the hurry, honey?"

"I was just hoping we'd get going so I can still see our house by sunlight." Chelsea defended her case.

"It's probably that mysterious victim she's been staring at the phone for so long for."

Squinting her eyes at her brother, she opted not to respond.

A mist of feelings flooded the teen from the moment the rays of sunshine peaked through her curtains this morning. Knowing she'd finally be spending her summer down at the beach where her latest college-acquaintance was from, was the only reason she needed to wake up with a smile in her face.

The build up for the end of semester had resulted in this long road trip and she couldn't wait any longer to enjoy her first summer holidays as an independent driver, so she wouldn't have to hang on Cole's rides any longer.

"All set."

"Are you sure, Cole? We are not coming back this time. Your father is meeting us straight at the Outer Banks, therefore you can't ask him to bring you anything else either."