Chapter 4: The Badge and the Burden

Kanji's pov

Professor Ozpin and I walked to a room where there was a desk, a bed, a dresser, and a TV along with a bookshelf.

"This will be your room, Kanji." Professor Ozpin explained.

"I will not stay here, Ozpin . I just wanted to make sure Ruby was okay. That is all now I will take my leave." I said as I was about to take my leave.

"Kanji, it's almost been five years since your parents' death, and the dropping of the hydrogen bomb, the prototype of the Payload bomb was drop on the Atoll Islands that destroyed your village but also mutated you turning you into a beast living day by day moving from place to place not knowing what you are and what actually happened that day." Professor Ozpin said.

"Shut up, Ozpin, before I do something that you will regret." I replied.

"Give me a chance to help you find the answers you seek."

Then I saw Ozpin holding a piece of paper, and he handed it to me. I took it and looked at it. It was a cave drawing of large reptile-like creature with dorsal plates that were similar to my own a creature I was familiar with.

"Why are you showing me this Ozpin?" I asked.

"You should have died five years ago. The Payload bomb prototype had enough radioactive dust to blow up a continent. What I am saying is this creature may have saved your life and did so merge with you giving you his powers." Ozpin explained,

"Ozpin, I stay on one condition, no uniforms, and I keep my weapons on me at all times." I said, and Ozpin nodded and left the room,

"Kanji, I just want to let you know your father would be very proud of you he was once a student here at Beacon." Ozpin said, then he shut the door.

I just looked at the photo, then I sat it on the desk, and then I headed off to bed.

No One's Pov

In the new room of Team RWBY,  Weiss Schnee was sleeping soundly in her bed. Her eyes flutter open and she stretches her arms above herself, yawning, while Ruby Rose, dressed in her strangely-colored school uniform, creeps up on her side and suddenly blows a whistle, causing Weiss to fall off the bed.

"Good morning, team RWBY!" Ruby shouted.

"What in the world is wrong with you?" Weiss asked from the floor.

Ruby ignores the question. "Now that you're awake, we can officially begin our first order of business.

Weiss was getting up and brushing herself off.  "Excuse me?"

Yang was holding a collection of objects - pillows, pamphlets, a candle-holder - in her arms, also dressed alongside Blake. "Decorating!"

"What?!" Weiss asked again

Blake then lifts her suitcase. "We still have to unpack." Then the suitcase opens, spilling its contents. "Aaaand clean."

Weiss does not look enthusiastic, especially when Ruby knocks her back again with the blow of her whistle.

"Aaaalright!" Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission!" Ruby said then raises her fist into the air.  "Banzai!"

"Banzai!"  Blake and Yang said  doing the same at her sides. they turn at an angle as Weiss lays on the floor.

Yang places a poster of six guys in various poses named "THE ACHIEVE MEN" on her part of the room. Weiss positions the painting of the Forever Fall forest to perfection and walks away. Blake is busy putting away her books on the shelves, picking up a copy of Ninjas of Love, and widening her eyes as she warily looks around before putting it back. Ruby positions Crescent Rose at an exact angle against the curtains so she can perfectly slash a diagonal portion off. A quick zoom around the room and the repaired curtains ends with the girls admiring their handiwork... with one problem. The beds are cramped together in the center of the floor.