Chapter 7: The Stray

No One's Pov

The streets of Vale are decorated in time for the Vytal Festival. Red, yellow, and green streamers and balloons are proudly on display, and Team RWBY and Kanji are strolling through it all with an awed Weiss Schnee in the front. A sign is being put up by the elderly Shopkeep that reads in bright red letters, "WELCOME TO VALE!" for all the foreign newcomers from their respective kingdoms of Remnant.

Weiss stops and raises her arms in amazement. "The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!"

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss." She said, then frowned a little. "It's kinda weirding me out…"

"You're not the only one." Kanji replied.

Weiss turns to Ruby. "How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!" She said as they continued walking.

Yang sighs and crosses her arms. "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."

"Quiet, you!" Weiss ordered.

Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?" Yang asked as they stopped near the docks, and the sounds of foghorns were heard.

Ruby was covering her nose. "Ugh, they smell like fish!"

"Meh, you get used to it after a while…" Kanji said smiling, as the docks reminded him of home. The three girls looked toward the Titan faunus with a sweatdrop. "What?" he asked, expecting a response he never got.

"I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!" Weiss informed.

"She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament." Blake said as Weiss started walking away again.

Weiss scoffs. "You can't prove that!"

Ruby turns her head to the right
"Whoa."  The team looks at a shattered window down the street and a door full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force before walking over to the detective in front, who is writing on his pad. " What happened here?"

"Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle." Detective 1 answered as he walked over to his partner.

Yang sighs sadly. "That's terrible."

"They left all the money again." One of the detectives said.

Ruby turns her head when she hears this. "Huh?"

"Yeah, it just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much, Dust?" Detective 1 asked.

"I don't know, an army?" His partner replied with a question.

"You thinking the White Fang?" Detective 1 suggested

Detective 2 then removes his sunglasses. "Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough."

"Hmph! The White Fang." Weiss scoffs, crossing her arms and pointing her nose in the air with her eyes closed. "What an awful bunch of degenerates!"

"What's your problem?" Blake asked.

Weiss turned to her. "My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane."

"The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths." Blake said, crossing her arms, getting serious. "They're a collection of misguided Faunus."