Chapter 6: Forever Fall

No One's Pov

A forest bustling with red leaves and gray trunks is seen as the camera descends and shows Glynda leading teams RWBY, JNPR, and CRDL through the area.

"Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so." Glynda said to the group.

The group stops, and Jaune, grunting and carrying a large case with six empty glass jars on top, tries to catch up with them and ends up bumping into Cardin. The bully scowls at Jaune, who attempts to feign innocence by whistling tunelessly.

"Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!" Glynda said, still instructing her group, holding up a full jar of their objective

While Yang Xiao Long and her sister smile at one another then Ruby smile at Kanji who smiles back, Jaune attempts to noisily sneak away from Cardin to his team, but the blackmailer sees this and grabs Jaune by the back.

"Come on, buddy - let's go!" Cardin orders.

Jaune miserably looks up at his team, where Nora and Ren are already walking into the forest's depths, and Pyrrha is staring sadly at the scene. Dropping his gaze, Jaune turns and follows CRDL to the disappointment of a sighing Pyrrha before she continues on.

Team CRDL is making themselves as comfortable as possible by leaning on stones, trees, and the ground while Jaune returns to the group with six full jars, setting them down just as he collapses face-down. The surrounding team gets up in response.

"Hey, great work, Jauney boy! Now that wasn't too hard, was it?" Cardin asked.

Jaune was still on the ground, cross-eyed and sounding dizzy. "I think I'm allergic to this stuff…"

"Greeeeat, great, great. Cardin said. "So, Jaune, I bet you're asking yourself, 'Why did my buddy Cardin ask me to collect six jars of tree sap when there's only five of us?'

Jaune nodded, still exhausted. "That is one of the many questions I have asked myself today, yes."

"Well, come with me, and you'll find out."

Jaune moans and gulps in worry.

Now perched on a hilltop overlooking the other students, team CRDL - plus Jaune, squeezed between Cardin and Russel Thrush - peak their heads over the crest and watch as everyone is retrieving their samples of sap. Ren, kneeling to collect it from a tree, passes a full jar to Nora, who "Mmmm!"s at the gift as Ren trades it for the other jar in her care. He turns back to the tree and starts filling it up while several licking sounds are heard off-screen until the camera pans back to Nora, now with an embarrassed smile covered in red and an empty jar in her hands.

Jaune then turned to his left. Cardin, "wh-what's going on?"

Cardin was still staring at the unsuspecting group sharply. "Payback."

Jaune widens his eyes in understanding.

Pyrrha… Kanji? " He asked as he watched her gather more sap from a tree, and Kanji and Ruby shared a laugh. "Wh-what are you -?"