V2 Chapter 2 The Investigation

No One's Pov

At Beacon, passing a large and unnerving ship as it descends upon a landing pad. Two Bullheads fly by as ant-like swarms of people on the paths around Beacon. The camera shifts to the top of a tower veiled behind clouds. Ozpin and Glynda can be seen through the window into Ozpin's office.

"Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels." Glynda comment

"Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man. Ozpin said as three more Bullheads flew in. "But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore." A chirping beep sounds repeatedly. Ozpin turns to see a hollow message, "Access Requested," on his desk. "Come in."

Then, it switches to a low perspective beyond Ozpin's desk and facing the doors as they slide open to reveal Ironwood as Ozpin approaches to greet him.

"Ozpin!" Ironwood said cordially.

Ozpin stands at attention.

"Hello, General." Ozpin greeted.

"Please, drop the formalities." Ironwood said as both men approached each other and shook hands as Glynda also approached. "It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met."

"Oh, James!" Glynda said as she gave a personable wave and then dropped all pleasantries. "I'll be outside." She walks away.

"Well, she hasn't changed a bit." Ironwood remarks.

"So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas?" He picks up a mug and a kettle, pouring as he speaks. "Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival." He turns and offers the cup to Ironwood.

Ironwood took the mug, and the clink sound was heard. "Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year." Ironwood said then produces a canteen from his inside coat pocket and pours its contents into his mug. "Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up." Ozpin walks around to his desk, kettle, and a new mug in hand.

Ozpin sits and pours himself some coffee. "I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends. However, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned."

"Well, concern is what brought them here." Ironwood replied.

"I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult." Ozpin said.

"Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men." Ironwood retorted.

Ozpin takes a drink and sets down his mug. "We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression."

"But if what Qrow said is true..." Ironwood remarks

If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully. Ozpin said as he emphasized this as he held up an index finger. "It's the Vytal Festival. It is a time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent."

"I'm just being cautious." Ironwood replied.

"As am I. This is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can." Ozpin responded.

"Believe me, I am." Ironwood turns and walks away. He stops near the door and looks back at Ozpin. "But ask yourself this: Do you honestly believe your children can win a war?" He continues on his way to the exit.

"I hope they never have to." Ozpin said to himself.

"Also, I heard you have a student here who is a faunus with the same traits as him." Ironwood said.