V2 Chapter 3: Extracurricular

No One's Pov

Pyrrha gearing up in a locker room. As she walks out of the locker room, we cut to her sparring with Cardin Winchester and back again. Eventually, the fight scene includes the other members of Team CRDL.

While she is still exiting toward the arena, then it cuts to her spar with Team CRDL.

Glynda approaches from behind Cardin who clutches his ribs.

"And that's the match." Glynda said.

"Lucky shot." Cardin remarks but then collapses.

"Well done, Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament." Glynda said.

"Thank you, professor." Pyrrha replied

Glynda was apping her Scroll. "Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match." Glynda looks around at the observing students. "Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna?" Blake slams her book shut and stares wide-eyed at Glynda. "You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you -"

Kanji was holding his head and felt a burning sensation within his head.

"Mr. Hattori, are you alright?" Glynda asked.

"Yes I'm fine." Kanji answered.

Then Mercury raises his hand.

"I'll do it." Mercury said.

"Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent." Glynda replied.

"Actually, I wanna fight... her." Mercury said as he pointed to Pyrrha.

"Me?" Pyrrha asked.

"I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished the match. I recommend you choose another partner." Glynda explained.

"No, it's fine! I'd be happy to oblige." Pyrrha replied.

Mercury struts into the arena, visibly sizing up Pyrrha but then Kanji stands up and struts into the arena.

"Mr. Hattori please return to your seat." Glynda ordered but Kanji disobeyed that order.

"I will fight him, I need the exercise." Kanji said as he pulled out his katana and naginata and stabbed them to the ground.

"Very well then." Glynda said.

Pyrrha went to her seat while Mercury, a little upset at the change in opponent, visibly sizing up Kanji as Kanji took deep breaths through his nose and slammed down his tail.

Their spar begins when he makes the first attack and is knocked down by Kanji's tail. Recovering quickly, he deflects an attack and begins trading blows with Kanji.

Ruby Rose turns toward Emerald sitting behind her.

"Hey, your friend's doing pretty good." Ruby said.

Emerald gives a fake smile and then rolls her eyes as Ruby turns her back.

Mercury unleashes a series of powerful strikes As he allows his kick to slam against his forearm then ready for Mercury's next kick then he blocks the kick then he charges him but Kanji block it and pushes him back to as Kanji tries to rush him again.

"I forfeit." Mercury said nonchalant.

Kanji almost stumbles as he stops beside him as he held his head in pain.

"You... don't even want to try?" Pyrrha asked.

Mercury was shrugging. "What's the point? He must be  a world-renowned fighter. We're obviously leagues apart." Mercury answered.