The lost one

I woke and Maggie wasn't in bed anymore, so I made my way downstairs, I saw Shane so that must mean Otis is back! I ran looking around the house for him, than ran outside. 'Otis! Otis where are you! I wanna play a game!!' I shouted. Daddy came running over to me. 'Macy, hush now, I have something to talk to you about.' We went and sat down on the porch and daddy looked at me. I didn't like the way he looked at, I already knew that something bad happened. 'Daddy, Otis isn't coming back, is he? 'I'm sorry Macy, no, he's not, he died getting the supplies we needed to save Carl.' I looked down and took a deep breath and than looked back up at daddy. 'He was a good man daddy, he died a hero.' Daddy just smiled and pulled me into a hug while I cried. After I was done, he gave me a kiss on my head and sent me into get some breakfast with Beth. We talked a little, but I could tell she was excited to go sneak off with Jimmy. I finished my food and Maggie came walking in. 'Should we get you all cleaned up and ready for the day?' I smiled and we headed upstairs. I got all cleaned up and into my dress for the day.

 I got all cleaned up and into my dress for the day

Maggie looked at me. 'Here's Tilly bunny, you go play, and stay close to the house. There are a lot of new faces, go introduce yourself, but don't bother them too much. And stay out of the room Carl is in, he needs calm and quiet, okay?' 'Okay.' I said. Maggie gave me a kiss and off I ran to play. I went outside and saw a big group making camp out by the trees. I skipped over to a man in a hat. 'Hi, I'm Macy,I'm 6 years old, almost 7! What's your name?' 'Well hello Macy, nice to meet, names Dale.' I smiled at him, 'nice to meet you too! Gotta go!' And I ran off to meet others. I met all the ones outside and talked to them a bit before Maggie called me over for chores. 'So, did you meet everyone?' 'Yep! I met Dale, Andrea, T-dog, Carol, and Lori! Carol is sad because they can't find her daughter Sophia, and a man named Daryl is out looking for her right now! I didn't say hi to Shane because he scares me.' Maggie just laughed. We finished chores and than it was time for Otis's funeral, I held onto Maggie while everyone talked, when daddy asked Shane to talk, he didn't want too at first, but he eventually did. After the funeral I ran inside for lunch and ate real quick before going back outside. It was another hot day and boring. I played under the tree for a while, looked at one of my picture books, cleaned up my room and went to brush the horses. Daddy was in there talking to Rick though so I couldn't stay. I ran over to Maggie when I saw her talking to Glenn. 'Hey Maggie' I said. She picked me up 'I see you are staying out of trouble today. I'm proud of you Mace!' She smiled. Her and Glenn talked about going on a run. 'Can I go too?' 'No Macy. You are too little and daddy wouldn't let you anyways, I wouldn't either. Go find Beth and play with her, try to help daddy by keeping her away from Jimmy for at least a little bit.' She laughed. 'Okay I guess, but please be careful and hurry back, I don't like it when you are gone.' She gave me a kiss on the cheek. 'I'll go as fast as I can, maybe find you a surprise while we are there.' I smiled and ran off to go back to playing. I played for a while on the porch and than took a little nap. When I woke up. Maggie was walking up to the house. 'MAGGIE!' I ran towards her and she lifted me up into her arms. 'So, what did ya get me?!' 'Hmmmm, I thought I had something for you, but I might of dropped it, or it could be.' She pulled out a another bunny doll, a boy one! 'Oh my goodness! Tilly can have a boyfriend!' I shrieked, and hugged him. I kissed Maggie's cheek and ran over to Tilly. 'Look Tilly, Maggie brought you a boyfriend! His name is Billy!!' I say and played for a while longer, Maggie called me inside to cool off and have a snack, while we were in there, we heard a gunshot. Maggie grabbed me instantly and rushed to the window. We saw Rick and a couple others dragging a man towards the house. Maggie put me down and told me to go sit on the couch and stay put. I sat and waited for what seemed like forever, when Maggie came back in with some others. She came and sat next to me and put me on her lap. 'Who was it Maggie, that got shot, are they okay' 'yes he's okay, it was Daryl.' 'The one out looking for Sophia?' I asked. Maggie nodded her head. 'They found her doll, so that means they are getting closer to finding her.' I was happy to hear that. 'Maggie, what if I got lost in the woods! Would you come rescue me?' 'Of course I would Macy, why would you even ask a question like that?' 'Because I'm scared, what if a bunch of those things come and we all get separated? I'd be so scared, I wouldn't know because to do.' Maggie held me tightly and reassured me I wont get lost, as long as I follow the rules. 'Alright, enough of this talk about getting lost, how about we go make supper, yea?' We walked to the kitchen and made supper. Everything was starting to calm down now hopefully. I wanted life back to how it used to be. Or at least how life is now, just calmer.