Changes

Macys POV

It had been a while since everyone showed up at the prison. They said the governor was gone, Michonne has been out looking for him with no luck. We've gotten a lot done here, we have a garden, animals, water for showers, and everyone helps out. There are a lot more kids too. Molly is my best friend, and I like Mika too, but her sister Lizzie is odd. Molly and I walked thru the field over to the fence where the other kids were. Lizzie was naming walkers, and one of them had a name tag. She has a good point though, they aren't as scary if you give em a name! "Nick! Look over here!" We were yelling. "That one's Wayne!" Someone else said. We were all laughing. Carl came storming over with Patrick. "YOURE NAMING THEM NOW?!" He yelled. "It's just a fake Carl, it's fine." I said. Him and Lizzie went back and forth a little until they decided to go read. I was going to follow but Carl grabbed my arm and dragged me away with him. "Let go of me Carl! You're being annoying!" Macy pouted. Carl spun her around and grabbed her shoulders, leaning down and looking her in the eyes. "You do know how dangerous walkers are still, right Macy?! They aren't something you can play with, they aren't a damn doll!" Carl yelled. Macy stared at him, not knowing what to say or do. Glenn came walking over towards them, "what's going on?" He questioned. Macy looked at him, shoved Carls arms off her and ran off back into the fields. Carl turned to look at Glenn, "she was over by the fence playing with walkers! Poking them with sticks and naming them, it's like she's forgetting how dangerous they actually are!" He was livid at this point. Glenn ran his hands thru his hair, "okay Carl, I'll go get Maggie, we will have a talk with her. Here, take this and go calm down" Glenn said as he slid a candy bar to him. Carl took it and thanked him and than walked off towards the prison. Macy was hiding in her usual spot, behind some tall grass where a barrel sat out in the field. She was picking pieces of grass and making a little pile. She heard footsteps coming towards her. She didn't want to talk to anyone. She crossed her arms over her chest and put a pouty look on her face. Maggie and Glenn came into view, they both sat down in front of her, they had to hold back laughter as to not upset her more, but the look on Macys face was too cute. "Mace, I think we need to talk hunny" Maggie said, trying to take one of her hands. Macy jerked it away from her and turned away. "Macy, look at us" Maggie told her. She reached over and turned Macy back towards them. Macy still refused to look at them. "Macy, why were you playing with the walkers? You know better than that."
"Maggie's right Mace, you can't be playing with them, if they bite you, well, you know what happens." Glenn said. Macy slowly looked up. "I wasn't going to get bit, i didn't even poke them, well, I poked one, but it scared me, so I stopped, and we only named them because one had a name tag." Macy said. Maggie sighed. "Macy, no naming them, no playing with them, as a matter of fact, you are to stay away from the fences, unless an adult is with you, do you understand me?" Maggie questioned her. Macy nodded her head. "Can I go to story time now?" Macy asked. "Of course, but we aren't done talking about this Macy" Maggie replied. Macy got up and gave Maggie and Glenn a hug before running back off towards the prison. "Im thinking maybe she's been pent up behind the gates too long, she's forgetting the danger, maybe we should take her out, not far, just out" Glenn suggested. "I think it's a good idea, I'll talk to daddy, make sure he's okay with it".
Macy walked into story time, "was wondering where you were Mace" Carol said with a smile. Macy went and sat up by Carol, all the parents had left so Carol put the book aside and pulled out the weapons box, she was teaching them what they needed to know, not pointless fairytales. Macy watched and listened as Carol went over the weapons she had brought today, taking it all in, she still knew walkers were dangerous, she wasn't dumb, she knew how to kill them, and she knew how to hide from them. The lesson was over and she skipped back outside. Her and molly sat in the grass making little crowns for their toys and for each other. The sun started setting and Maggie brought both girls out their supper, it had become a new tradition, supper with Macy and Molly, watching the sunset. Glenn joked about the 3 M's. Maggie,Macy and Molly. They sat and ate and made small talk while watching the sun go down. Soon they were so Maggie went over to wash up their dishes. The sun had pretty much set so Molly hugged Macy and ran over to her parents who were waiting for her. Maggie came and grabbed Macys hand and they went to shower before bed. After they were done teeth were brushed, hair was combed and into pajamas they went. Macy went and gave daddy a hug and kiss before bed and than went into her cell. Maggie tucked Macy in and read a story to her. After she was done she gave her a kiss and dimmed the lantern in the room. "Maggie, I really am I sorry about what I did". Macy said. "It's okay Mace, just remember what I told you early, stay away from the fences unless an adult is there."  Maggie said. "I will" Macy said thru a yawn. "Go to sleep hunny". Maggie whispered and left the room. Macy fell asleep, she awoke only when Glenn and Maggie came in to go to bed. She fell right back asleep though. What nobody knew though, was that danger was lurking right around the corner.