Mama?

Macy POV
Shane is crazy, completely crazy, I stay away from him. Good news though, Carl is up and healing, and so is Daryl. He wants to get back out looking for Sophia. 'Hey Macy, you wanna play tag?' Carl asked. 'Sure!' I said. Carl was it and we ran and played for a while, it got boring after a bit because he's bigger than me. 'I'm bored, what else do you do around here for fun?' Carl asked. 'Well, I play with Tilly bunny, and Billy bunny, we have tea parties!' 'Ehhh, no thanks.' Carl said. At that time his mom called him over for school work, so I walked back up towards the house. Maggie was over getting chicken eggs so I joined her. 'Hey Macy, you comin to help out?' I nodded my head and smiled. We grabbed all the eggs and started walking towards the house. Glenn came walking over and tried to talk to Maggie but she didn't seem to want to talk to him. 'Give me your hat' she said. 'What why?' Glenn asked confused. 'Just give me your hat.' Maggie than SMASHED an egg into it. I started laughing and Maggie grabbed my hand and we walked up to the house.

'Bethy, when will daddy be back?' I asked. 'I'm not sure Mace, him and Rick had to go take care of something.' I went back to my puzzle I was doing while Beth read a book to me. Maggie came in and sat down. She smiled at me. 'Looks good Macy, you're almost done with it.' I smiled, 'it's a hard one, but it's going to be pretty when it's done!'. At that moment we heard Shane yelling outside, we all jumped up and ran outside, Shane was handing out guns and screaming, Maggie held me behind her and yelled at him that he was making a mistake. I just plugged my ears. Daddy and Rick arrived just than, we walkers on poles. 'WHAT IS THAT?!' Shane yelled and ran over to them. Maggie scooped me up and we ran over also. I wasn't listening at this point, but Shane started shooting at the walker over and over again. I was scared, but I wasn't going to let myself cry. Shane finally shot the walker in the head and ran towards the barn. No, no that's not good. He pounded and shook the doors and broke the locks, and all the walkers started pouring out. Maggie held me tighter as I screamed. The guns started popping off rounds, I closed my eyes, after everything went silent I opened them again, I looked around and they were all dead, on the ground, but that wasn't the last of them. A little girl came out of the barn last. 'SOPHIA?!' Carol cried and ran towards her, but Daryl grabbed her, everyone was crying now, even me. She kept coming closer, oh poor Sophia. Rick finally shot her and she fell too the ground. It was silent again besides Carols sobs. As I looked over the bodies I saw something, a blue hair flower in one of the walkers hair. I squirmed out of Maggie's arms and walked a little closer. 'Mama?' I whispered to myself. I got closer, 'Macy don't!' Maggie yelled. I bent down and my whole world stopped, 'Mama?!' I cried out. Right then her eyes opened and she grabbed me. I screamed. 'DADDY!! MAGGIE!!! HELP!!!' She was too strong, this is it, mamas gunna get me sick, but than I felt people pulling on me and heard a gun go off, mama was gone, I turned around and Maggie had ahold of me. My legs collapsed but she picked me right up and held me close. I didn't cry, or scream or anything. I just held onto her and stared. We all walked back up to the house in silence and went inside. Daddy walked out the back door, Beth upstairs, Jimmy following, and Patricia went to her room also. Maggie sat, holding me on the couch, rubbing my back. She didn't say a word, she didn't need too. We needed comfort and nothing more. We sat that way for a while, until I felt myself getting sleepy. Maggie grabbed the throw blanket, kicked her shoes off and laid back, covering us both. 'I'm sorry Macy, I am so sorry.' Maggie said. I snuggled into her chest and fell asleep to the comforting sound of her heartbeat. Dreaming of mama chasing me with the rest of my family. There was no escape from this, from anything. We all will die, get sick. It's going to happen, the question is when.