It all comes crashing down

I was bored. So very bored. I hadn't left the house in 2 days. Maggie finally caved and is letting me sit on the porch today. Carl got in trouble for goin in the barn. Shane yelled at him. I hate Shane. So Carl sat with me in silence, watching everyone go about their day. Daddy came up with most of the group and said we were having a meeting, so Carl and I needed to go up stairs. 'But daddy, I wanna come too'. 'No Macy, this is for adults, I won't tell you again, get upstairs'. Carl and I went to my room. 'What do ya think they are talkin about?' I asked. 'They are deciding if Randal should live or die.' Carl said a blankly.' I sighed. I went over to play with dolls and asked Carl if he wanted to join. Of course he didn't, he was mad he didn't get to go to the meeting. 'I hope they let him live, he's just a kid too, older than us, but still a kid.' I said somberly. Carl just looked at me and gave a sad smile. A bit later the meeting was over so we went downstairs. 'Macy come here.' Maggie said. I walked over and sat next to her. 'You don't have to go to bed at 6 anymore, as long as you keep listening. You are still grounded to the house and porch though alright?' 'Okay' I said. All of a sudden there was a commotion outside and someone was yelling. We ran outside but Maggie told me to stay put, I stayed, while everyone ran to the far pasture. I heard a gunshot and I sat down real quick, scared of what happened. Shortly after I saw some of the people walking back, Maggie came over to me and led me inside, up to my room. We sat on my bed and she explained that dale got bit by a walker and had to be put down. She held me as I cried. After I was done I took a bath and went straight to bed.

The next day was Dales funeral

The next day was Dales funeral. It was sad, he was always nice to me, even let me wear his funny hat sometimes. Afterwards, daddy had everyone move up to the house because with as many head of cattle as we had, it was getting very unsafe. The monsters were starting to roam farther looking for food. I was on the front porch as everyone was settling in, until Maggie called me in because it was getting dark. 'Maggie, where is everyone going to sleep? I asked. 'Well, we have plenty of rooms, the couch's. Glenn and I will be sleeping on your floor to give Lori, Rick and Carl a bigger bed.' 'So...we get to have a sleepover?!' I asked excitedly! 'Yep, a sleepover!' Maggie laughed. Everyone kept getting settled in until we heard Shane out front yelling. We went outside and it looked like he got beat up. He said Randal got out and he went to look for him and he hit him over the head and stole his gun. I grabbed hold of Maggie as a couple guys went out to look for him. We all went inside and Carl and I were told to go upstairs. We sat for a bit and than Carl decided he wanted to go find his dad. 'Please don't tell anyone Macy.' I nodded my head and watched him leave. I headed downstairs a bit later and Lori asked where he was, I said upstairs. Patricia all of sudden started hushing us saying there was a heard and turn out the lights. I clung to Maggie and Lori ran upstairs and came down shortly after. 'Has anyone seen Carl? I can't find him, he's not upstairs.' All eyes on me. 'Macy, are you sure Carl was upstairs?' Maggie asked. I looked down. 'He went to find his dad.' Lori freaked out but they stopped her, right then the barn went up in flames, Maggie put me down and everyone grabbed guns. 'I'm not leaving my house.' Daddy said. Everyone started fighting as they walked outside and stopped when they saw how many there were. 'Hold onto me and don't let go, understand?!' Maggie asked. I nodded at her. They fought the walkers and we made way to one of the vehicles and got on, I was in Glenn's lap. 'DADDY! DADDY IS STILL OUT THERE!!!!!' I screamed. 'It's okay, he will get in another car.' Glenn soothed. The walkers were all around us and Maggie had to shoot a couple while Glenn covered my ears but we got out and took off down the road. I looked up at Glenn and Maggie. 'I left Tilly and Billy bunny.' I cried. 'It's okay, we can find new ones, I promise.' We drove for a while and finally made it to the highway where everyone was to meet up. We got out and everyone was there, I ran to daddy and held him tight. I saw Carol walking towards us and she pulled out from behind her back Tilly and Billy bunny! I ran to her and hugged her. 'Thank you Carol!' She smiled. 'I saw them sitting on the porch and grabbed them real quick.' I gave her another hug and ran back over to daddy. They all started talking, Andrea didn't make it, or she got away and is lost. We all got back in the cars and drove into the night and finally came to a stop after hearing two horn honks. Rick was talking and said he killed Shane, but Shane wasn't but, just like Randal. He also said Carl shot Shane the second time. We made camp and everyone was upset, scared and cold. Rick went on and on with his speech, scaring me, so I cuddled into Maggie. Finally Rick went quiet and everyone calmed down to go to sleep. I whispered to Maggie that I was cold and scared, Glenn took off his jacket and put it over me. I slept between the two, nightmares plaguing me. I want to go home, but now we have no home. Hopefully we find somewhere safe soon.