Chapter 4

"Is Eunbi ssi usually like this?" Y/n asked. He took a bite of pocky, eyeing Hyewon as she too took a bite of her snack.

She's so beautiful...

"Like what?" Hyewon questioned. "Cold?

Y/n hummed, earning a head shake from the hamster.

"No. I think she's just stressed."

So she's like this because of me.

"Don't take it personally," Hyewon continued. "She's just worried about everyone--including you."

Y/n raised his eyebrows, turning to Hyewon. She reciprocated the eye contact as she took another bite, giving Y/n a gentle smile.

"Can you read my mind?" Y/n trailed.

Hyewon faced forward, "No. I can just assume what you're thinking; you looked sad. I do know that your heart rate is rising though."

Y/n's eyes widened. He turned away in a panic, earning a giggle from Hyewon.

SHIT.

"It's rising even more--you seem surprised. Can you not feel this kind of stuff?" she asked.

The gentle smile on Hyewon's face grew as she glanced toward the man. She watched him take deep breaths and felt his heart gradually slow down.

"No," Y/n sighed. "I mean, I thought I felt that you were concerned about me yesterday, but I could also tell that from your face."

Hyewon's eyes drifted to the tie connecting the two parties. She stared intently into its coral hue, partially losing herself in thought.

If he can't read my mind, nor feel what I feel, what can he feel?

Y/n raised his hand with a light chuckle, "I guess it's cause of this thing, huh?"

Hyewon nodded with a hum.

Am I stuck at a two meter radius with him at all times? What if I need to use the bathroom or perform? There's less than a month until our comeback, and I still have to promote...

Y/n glanced toward the idol, taking a double-take at her focus gaze. Her hazel eyes glistened like two tiger's eye gems, and her timeless expression struck him like a chord of strings.

She felt real; more real than ever before. No longer did a screen separate his eyes from hers. As if she gained an extra dimension, Y/n felt a deeper connection and understanding form between them.

I'm actually sitting next to THE Kang Hyewon and eating food with her... Did I save a burning orphanage in my past life or something?

"Your heart rate is rising again," Hyewon commented.

SHIT.

"Well," Hyewon crumpled her wrapped, sighing. She stood from her seat, turning to Y/n, "We can talk about this later. We should head back before Eunbi unnie looks for us. It would be better if we discussed it around her so we won't have to catch her up."

She turned to Y/n with a confident smile, "Don't worry about Unnie too much. She'll warm up to you eventually."

"Okay..."

As Hyewon turned around, Y/n let go of his smile, allowing it to touch his ears. He placed his hand over his mouth, pursing his lips and scrunching his nose.

She's so perfect!!!

The pair stepped through the practice room door, prompting Eunbi to turn her head. She placed her phone down, sighing in relief.