Chapter 15

Y/n nested the back of his head on Hyewon's bed, resting his back against the bed frame. He sighed hollow sighs in hopes it would cure his guilt; only more guilt came.

Did she not want me to watch the fancam? Maybe she thought I would think indecently if I watched it. It was kind of sexy... Chaewon really knows how to dance.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?"

Chaewon's soft curiosity pulled the man from his thoughts, and his eyes toward the door.

"Nothing," Y/n replied.

"It has to be something," she giggled. "I saw Unnie out there and she looked nettled."

Y/n sighed, nodding, "Yeah. I guess she's mad at me."

"What for?" Chaewon asked as she sat herself next to the man.

"I'm not sure..."

"Well," Chaewon trailed. "What happened?"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

"Oppa?"

"Sorrry." Y/n cleared his throat, biting the inside of his lip, "I was watching a video, and she wasn't happy about the contents."

"What video?"

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Chaewon waved her hand in front of Y/n's face, "Hello?"

"Don't worry about it," Y/n chuckled nervously.

She'd probably be creeped out if I told her it was of her...

Chaewon nodded silently. She wrapped her arms around her knees, pursing her lips.

"Well, I'm here to keep you company while Unnie is gone."

Y/n nodded. He scrolled through his socials, hoping the awkward silence would leave. As he surfed, Chaewon tilted her head toward the man, peeking at his feed.

"Wah, you really are a fan..."

"Haven't been one for too long though," Y/n chuckled.

Chaewon nudged the man's arm, "Which one of us is your favorite?"

Y/n hummed, "I have trouble picking between Hyewon and you."

"Really?!" Chaewon gasped. "What do you like about me?"

"Are you ego fishing?" Y/n scoffed.

"A little~"

Y/n dug the back of his head into Hyewon's mattress, wracking his brain for an answer.

"Your singing and dancing is amazing, and you stand out a lot during your promotions," he explained.

Chaewon hummed a satisfied tune, swaying in her spot. She bumped shoulders with Y/n, "I'm sure Unnie won't be mad at you for too long. She treasures you as a fan too much, but she also seems very happy to be around you as a person—if that makes sense."

"I guess," Y/n trailed.

"Just give her time," Chaewon smiled.

Hyewon ran her hands through her hair, sectioning strands before pushing her soft locks backward.

Why did I get mad at him? He said he liked both of us, and he was just watching a stage performance. That kind of reaction is natural with the theme of the song.

With a deep breath, Hyewon stood from the couch, trudging through the cream carpet. She inched closer and closer to her room, pushing herself forward against the wall of doubts in her mind.

As she drew closer to her door, her ears perked up at the sound of Chaewon's giggles. Hyewon peeked through the door frame, widening her eyes at the sight of Chaewon resting her head against Y/n's shoulder.

The pair laughed at Y/n's phone, cocking their heads back as clips of the group played. Despite their backs facing the door, Hyewon felt a sense of unease—as if they watched her every move.

Hyewon stepped back, pressing her back next to the door frame as if hiding from the pair's gaze.

"Unnie? What are you doing?" Hitomi questioned.

"N-Nothing," Hyewon stumbled. She slipped into her room, quietly sliding into Minju's bed.

Her gaze shot daggers into the back of Chaewon and Y/n's heads, intensifying while they laughed. Despite her mind reasoning they only laughed because of the videos, small yet vocal, motes of insecurity hissed at their interactions.

She's trying to steal him from you. They're better off with each other than you. He laughs way more around her than you. Just give up.

"Chaewon noona, can you help me cook?"

The three adults turned to Ji Hoon. Y/n's eyes quickly shifted to Hyewon, acknowledging her before returning to the visitor.

"Really?! You usually like to cook alone though," Chaewon pouted.

Ji Hoon scratched his head, "I figured it's been a while since we last had a one-on-one conversation. Now would be a great time, right?"

Chaewon scrambled to her feet, "Eung!!"

She turned to Y/n bowing, "Sorry, Oppa. I have to take this opportunity."

Y/n nodded, prompting Chaewon to skip into the hallway. With her opportunity, Hyewon slipped into her bed, taking a quick, refreshing breath before letting her words flow.

"I'm sorry about earlier, Y/n."

"A-Ah..." Y/n gulped, "It was probably my fault. I didn't know it would make you mad."

"No. I shouldn't have gotten mad," Hyewon argued.

A suffocating silence settled between the two, stagnating while the air conditioner blew. It pricked at the back of Y/n's mind, and pinched his stomach, urging the man to continue their conversation.

"What?! You're letting Unnie cook with you??" Wonyoung shouted from her room.

The pair chuckled, sighing as gentle puffs of air brushed against their skin.

"So, do you know what Ji Hoon ssi's cooking tonight?" Y/n asked.

"He never tells us what he's cooking," Hyewon frowned. "The only way to know is do you're standing there; even then you might not know if he's making something foreign."

Y/n tilted his head, "Like what?"

"American, Italian, Japanese, still like that," Hyewon replied.

"What a variety," Y/n mumbled. "How long has he been cooking?"

"A while. He lives on his own, so he's forced to cook for himself," Hyewon explained.

Y/n stared into the ceiling, recalling his previously lazy, and instant, diet. "I could never do something like that."

"It sounds like a hassle," Hyewon giggled. "But I like his food."

"You like all food," Y/n scoffed.

"Okay, but his food just hits different," Hyewon shrugged.

Y/n pursed his lips, "If you say so. I haven't been all that impressed with him so far, so I can't say anything."

"That's because he was cooking with someone else," Hyewon dismissed. "He's a way better chef when he's alone. I don't know why though..."