Chapter 8

"What do you mean?" Y/n trailed. He turned to Hyewon, jolting as he came face to face with the hamster--their skin closer than Y/n had ever been to a woman. 

Hyewon stared intently into the man's eyes, causing his heart to stop momentarily. She watched him dodge contact with her eyes, squinting.

He does.

"I-I don't," Y/n stuttered.

Hyewon leaned closer, "Why are you stuttering?"

"I was just caught off guard by your question," Y/n reasoned.

"I feel like you're lying."

Y/n turned away, biting the inside of his lip, "I'm not..."

"Then why is your heart beating faster?" Hyewon pressured.

"Because you're so close..." Y/n mumbled.

"What?" 

"Nothing," Y/n breathed, his face a vibrant red.

He's definitely lying.

Y/n scooted off the bench, and away from Hyewon, heaving a heavy sigh. He gestured toward the practice room, "Let's go back. You still have practice." 

Giving up on her interrogation, Hyewon nodded, gipping the snacks in her hand. "Yeah."

The pair reentered the practice room with Y/n's face still a brilliant red. Before he could make his way deeper into the room, Eunbi stood on her feet, pointing at the ground in front of her.

"Ya. Y/n, here. Now."

Y/n's stomach dropped to his feet, weighing his steps toward the leader. He held his breath as he drew closer with his eyes glued to the ground.

"Y-Yes...?"

"What did you two do out there?" she whispered, aggression seeping from her lips.

"W-We just went out to get some snacks," Y/n replied.

Eunbi stepped closer, leaning into Y/n's face, "Why are you stuttering so much? And why is your face so red?"

"You're too close," Y/n breathed. "And because the same thing happened with Hyewon ssi..."

"What happened with Hyewon??" Eunbi asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"The same thing that's happening right now."

Hyewon crossed her arms. She eyed her leader suspiciously, counting every beat of Y/n's heart that pounded against her chest.

What are those two talking about? His heart rate is way too high for it to be a normal conversation. Wait- He might be really anxious.

"You two got close," Eunbi concluded.

Y/n nodded.

"And what did you do while close?" she questioned.

"N-Nothing. She was just questioning me like you are right now."

Eunbi stepped back, sighing, "So nothing happened between you two."

Y/n shook his head vigorously, "I respect your guys' space."

"Good. You better not be lying to me."

Before Y/n could reply, Eunbi pulled Hyewon to the center of the room. With an invisible gun no longer to his head, Y/n slumped into his assigned spot with a relieved sigh. 

"Do you mind if I sit here for a bit?" 

Y/n turned to Hitomi, shaking his head. 

"I saw what happened earlier," Hitomi said as she placed her back against the mirror. "Are you okay?"