Chapter 5

"W-What are you talking about?" Y/n stuttered.

STOP STUTTERING YOU IDIOT. SHE'LL KNOW YOU'RE LYING.

"I know you're lying."

FUCK.

"It's me, isn't it?" Hyewon asked.

Y/n paused while Hyewon sat on her bed. She waited for his answer with a gentle gaze and soft smile, quelling his uneasiness.

"Yeah. Chaewon ssi too," Y/n replied lowly.

"How about the other members?"

Hyewon's unwavering gaze shot surreal pins through Y/n's heart. Its gentle embrace spread eased his body like a truth serum, causing him to unknowingly open his mouth.

"I like them too, but not as much as you two."

WHAT AM I SAYING?!?!?

Hyewon ran her fingers through her hair with a chortle. "This must be a dream for you then, huh?"

Y/n scratched his head, "Uh... I guess so."

The two nodded, shifting their eyes elsewhere. The ensuing silence pricked at the back of their necks, ushering Y/n to press the conversation forward.

"How did you know I'm a fan?"

Hyewon stared into the ceiling, tapping her chin, "Hm... You knew who I was when you first woke up. You also seemed really happy to see us--like a fan would be."

Y/n sighed silently, smiling at the weight melting off his chest.

Okay. Thankfully it wasn't cause of the posters I threw into my closet.

"Plus, I saw the posters in your closet."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hyewon snickered at the wave of panic flowing into her brain. "Are you embarrassed?"

Y/n scratched his head, "Uh... yeah. Just a little."

"There's no need to be," Hyewon waved dismissively. "It makes me happy to see there's someone who supports me."

Plumes of euphoria billowed in the man's chest, forcing a small smile.

Hyewon's smile kills me every time.

Hyewon eyed the fading blush in Y/n's cheeks, pinching the hem of her shirt.

His heart rate is rising again...

"These kids," Eunbi sighed as she entered. She massaged her temples, wiping her hand over her eyes, "Somehow, even after all this time we've spent together, they still give me a headache."

"Was Wonyoungie caught again?" Hyewon chuckled.

"Yeah."

Y/n stepped out of Eunbi's way, eyeing the ground in thought.

Caught doing what?

"Don't worry about it," Hyewon dismissed, pulling Y/n from his trance.

Eunbi placed herself next to Hyewon, falling backward onto the bed. She rested her forearm on her forehead, closing her eyes.

"Have you two figured anything else out?"

"I can feel things like changes in Y/n ssi's heartrate. I might be able to sense other things, but I'm not too sure," Hyewon replied.

Eunbi's eyes opened, shifting toward Y/n, "And you?"

"He's either lagging behind, can sense other things that we haven't ran into, but can't do what I can do at all," Hyewon answered.