Chapter 6

Y/n and Hyewon entered the first dorm, eyeing the empty dinner table. The vacant seats stared back, indicating Chaeyeon changed her plans.

"I guess we're having take-out today," Hyewon commented. "Let's go to Eunbi unnie's room."

Hyewon knocked on the leader's door, earning a muffled response. Inside, Eunbi at the edge of the bed in a pair of silk-like baby blue pajamas.

"Hey, we've come to talk about this red thing," Hyewon said, pointing to the back of her hand.

"Ah, okay." Eunbi scooted over, patting the bed's soft surface, "Anything new?"

"Not really."

Y/n placed himself at the bed's feet while Hyewon sat next to her leader. He felt Eunbi's stares, but figure she didn't offer a spot on the bed to him due to uneasiness.

"How about you, Y/n ssi?" Eunbi asked.

"I did some thinking while Hyewon ssi was showering. I don't think I can do any of the stuff she can. She can sense my heart rate and stuff, but I don't get anything..." he explained.

Hyewon frowned.

Poor Y/n... He was thrown into our lives without any warning and has to deal with this.

Y/n glanced toward Hyewon, pointing at her frown, "There! I got a hint of pity from her, but I'm not sure if it was cause I could feel it, or because she's frowning."

"What did it feel like?" Eunbi questioned.

Y/n shrugged, "I don't know. I just felt that she was sad."

"Like you yourself were sad? Or you thought she was sad," Eunbi prodded.

"It was more of a thought," Y/n replied.

Eunbi crossed her arms, "I see. I would like to see what happens when you tug on the rope."

Y/n raised his eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"If it works like a string, then one of you should feel a tug when the other pulls," Eunbi reasoned.

"Oh..." Y/n trailed.

Hyewon stood on her feet, prompting Y/n to do the same. They stepped in opposite directions before coming to a stop.

Y/n extended his arm toward Hyewon, slowly pulling it back to his side. As soon as it reached the two meter mark, his hand stopped.

"Can you move your body further, Y/n ssi?" Eunbi asked.

Y/n stepped forward, deliberately keeping his hand in place. To his surprise, his movement remained unimpeded.

"So it works like a normal string," Hyewon concluded.

Eunbi nodded, turning her full body toward Y/n, "If it lets Hyewon sense your heart rate, that means it works kind of like a mind link. If so, shouldn't you be able to read hers as well?"

"Changes in his heart rate; not his heart rate," Hyewon corrected.

Eunbi crossed her arms, "And how do you feel this?"

"I don't know," Hyewon shrugged. "I can just feel it rise—like if my own heart was beating faster or slower."

"I see," Eunbi mumbled, rubbing her forehead. "Y/n ssi, have you ever felt something like that?"

Y/n stepped toward Hyewon, returning his hand to his side, "No."

"Alright." Eunbi stood up, taking a deep breath. "Let's eat. Chaeyeon just came back with chicken."

Y/n followed the two women to the dining table, eyeing the foreign radish not native to the first dorm.

"What are you doing here, Chaewon?" Eunbi asked.