Chapter 16

"I wonder if the others are coming over," Hyewon mumbled.

Y/n shook his head, "That would make fourteen people. Can all fourteen of us fit in the living room comfortably?"

"No, I'm bringing food over to the other dorm," Ji Hoon replied.

The pair turned toward the door, catching the boy as he continued down the hallway.

"Ya! Were you eavesdropping on us?" Hyewon shouted.

Ji Hoon passed the door once more, shaking his head, "Just passing by."

Hyewon hummed, patting the soft surface next to her, "Y/n, you should sit up here. The ground's not very comfortable, is it?"

"It's okay," Y/n waved. "There's probably not enough room for the two of us."

"Are you uncomfortable around me?" she asked.

Y/n gulped. He turned toward the woman, eyeing the bed below her. Without saying a word, he turned away, shaking his head.

"Then why are you saying there isn't enough room in a queen sized bed?" Hyewon questioned. "This could fit like... three people on one side."

Silently, Y/n sighed, nodding as he set himself on the mattress space right behind him. While leaning on the foot of Hyewon's bed frame, he turned to the ceiling.

"I just thought it would be better if there was a layer of separation between us. You know, since you're an idol and I'm a fan," Y/n mumbled.

"A layer of separation?" Hyewon chuckled. "We have a magical string that prevents us from even going down the street without the other. Besides, aside from being a fan, you're also a person. You're made of the same stuff as everyone else here--except maybe Ji Hoon; that kid doesn't seem human sometimes--so that means you're no lesser than we are. I actually think of you as a friend, and any friend of mine can sit on my bed without problems."

Y/n pursed his smile, turning away to let it flourish. He took a deep breath, feeling each beat of his racing heart as he closed his eyes.

She called me her friend!!

"She called me her friend!!" Hyewon cooed. "That's what you're thinking, right?"

Y/n whisked his head toward the woman, wide-eyed, "You can actually read my mind?!"

"No, you're just predictable," Hyewon giggled. "It's cute."

A rosy hue blossomed on Y/n's face, spreading a smug grin across Hyewon's. She crawled next to the man, bumping his shoulder with her own.

"Who do you like more? Chaewon? Or me?"

Y/n gulped, "I don't know... you both have your moments."

"I see..."

Behind the pair, Ji Hoon leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed. Standing behind him, Wonyoung placed her chin on his head.

"What are we looking at?" she whispered.

Ji Hoon fiddled with Wonyoung's hair as it fell next to his face. "They're like two prepubescent teens just discovering what it's like for the other person to like them."

"They like each other?"

"Dunno," Ji Hoon shrugged. "I'm just exaggerating."

"Could it be that you're jealous of them?" Wonyoung snickered.

Ji Hoon stood upright, causing Wonyoung to stumble backward, "Dinner's ready, guys."

The two adults followed the maknae pair into the living room while the other members trickled in. One by one, each resident took a portion from the large pot, leaving it halfway.

Ji Hoon placed the metal container next to the door as he slid his shoes on.

"I'll be back."

Wonyoung stood in front of him, frowning, "Stay safe, okay Oppa?"

"I'm just going to the other dorm," Ji Hoon replied. "It'll only take me like... five minutes."

The maknae's pouted, prompting Ji Hoon to stand on the tips of his toes. With a smile, he gently tapped her crown, ruffling her hair.

"Okay. I'll be extra careful."

Chaewon leaned next to Y/n, grinning, "They're so cute when Wonyoungie's not nagging him~"

"Ya! Stop making me feel single and deliver the food!!" Eunbi scolded.

The group laughed while Ji Hoon closed the front door. Following a pause, Wonyoung spun around—her face flushed.

"Unnie!! What if he finds out?!"

"He's dense," Minju giggled. "You'll be fine."

"If he finds out from that, and not your 'Oppa' this, 'Oppa' that, I'll eat my own shoe," Hyewon scoffed.

"There's no way he's that dense, right?" Y/n questioned. "I mean, he seems like a pretty smart kid."

"Which is why I'm saying he knows," Chaewon added.

Minju nudged the young bunny, "You should confess to him~"

"No!!"

Laughter filled the table, causing Wonyoung's cheeks to glow a vibrant red. As the teasing died down, Y/n placed his utensils down. He eyed the maknae, constructing and reconfiguring the question in his mind to ensure he didn't mess up.

"Wonyoung ssi, can I ask you a question about Ji Hoon?"

The embarrassment on the maknae's face quickly faded behind bee beaming smile. "Sure!"

"Why do you have feelings for him?"

Wonyoung choked on her food as all eyes shifted to the man.

"That's a sensitive topic," Chaewon whispered.

"With all due respect, Y/n ssi, I don't think you should know this much," Hitomi interrupted. "How do we know you won't leak everything you already know?"

"It's okay," Wonyoung dismissed. "I know nothing bad will happen from this."