Chapter 14

Y/n lifted his gaze from his phone, tilting his head back to look atop Hyewon's bed.

"Hyewon ssi."

"How old are you?" Hyewon asked.

"Twenty-one," Y/n replied.

"You can drop the formalities," she waved. "We're the same age—not that I didn't assume you knew already."

Y/n scratched his head, "Uh... okay. Hyewon ah, do you usually laze around on your days off?"

A triumphant smile sprouted on the man's face. He threw a mental middle finger toward his past friends for mocking his social skills.

"Eung. We're going to start working out soon though."

"Working out?" Y/n repeated.

"I have to stay in shape," Hyewon explained. "Since you're forced to be there, you might as well get in shape as well."

Y/n frowned, shaking his head, "I don't want to..."

"It doesn't have to be anything strenuous. Just a little bit of activity while we're there," Hyewon coaxed.

"I guess," Y/n sighed.

"Why do you seem so opposed to working out?" Hyewon chuckled. "Were you a shut-in before you landed here?"

"No, but I didn't work out," Y/n mumbled.

Hyewon rolled to the edge of her bed, smiling, "Come on, it'll be fun!"

"What part of working out is fun?" Y/n questioned.

Hyewon shrugged, "It'll be with me though~"

"If you say so..."

With a light chortle, Hyewon rolled over. She pulled the covers over her shoulder, nestling her head into the fluffy pillow.

"I'm taking a nap. Good night, Y/n."

"Night," Y/n replied.

Wonyoung flicked her wrist, painting thin strokes of black along her eyes. "Are you going to tell them how to make their tie longer?"

"I already did," Ji Hoon mumbled.

The maknae glanced at the boy through her mirror,  puckering her lips, "Doesn't seem like you did."

"Because he's on the phone with Chaewon noona?"

"Among other things," Wonyoung replied.

"I'm sure they'll sort things out," Ji Hoon dismissed. "They're adults."

Hyewon shifted in her spot, sweeping her hand over her bed. With phone in hand, she checked the time through the cracks in her eyelids. Faint chuckles and mumbles pulled the woman's eyes to the corner of the room, revealing Y/n with his phone to his ear.

"Oh, sorry- Did I wake you up?" Y/n frowned.

"No. Who are you on the phone with?"

"Chaewon," he smiled.

Hyewon nodded, "I see."

She turned her back to the man, sighing.

Why does he seem to interact with Chaewon easier than me? I thought I was his bias...

"You know I can't hang out with you outside the dorms," Y/n chuckled. "You're idols. Besides, Hyewon and I have the thing keeping us together."

Hyewon gripped her sheets. She sat up, but before she could leave, Ji Hoon poked his head into the doorway.