Chapter 7: The Puzzle Maze

The air in the room felt heavy as the family stood at the threshold, their eyes fixed on the next challenge that awaited them. The previous room had been a close call with the lurking Backrooms entities, and they knew they couldn't afford any more mistakes. Their priority was to find answers about how they ended up in this twisted dimension, but their path was obstructed by an intricate puzzle maze.

The room before them was vast, with high walls lined from floor to ceiling with an assortment of puzzles, riddles, and enigmatic symbols. It was as if the entire room had been transformed into a labyrinth of mind-bending conundrums.In the entrance there was a table with a flashlight and backpacks and surprisingly there was enough for all of them.A sense of foreboding washed over them, but they knew they had no choice but to press forward.

They cautiously entered the room, scanning their surroundings for any clues that might guide them through the maze. The puzzles seemed to vary in complexity, from simple geometric shapes to cryptic symbols that seemed to defy logic. The family huddled together, their heads close, as they strategized their approach.

"Let's divide and conquer," suggested Kayla. "We can each take a section of the room and work on the puzzles. If we find anything significant, we'll call out and regroup."

Nods of agreement followed her suggestion, and the family split up, each venturing into a different section of the room. As they began to delve into the puzzles, they realised that solving them was no easy task. Every correct answer seemed to trigger a series of mechanical clicks and whirs from the walls, while incorrect solutions caused ominous rumblings that shook the room.

Jacob, the brother, found himself standing before a large mural adorned with vibrant colours and intricate patterns. He studied it intently, hoping to find some clue hidden within the mesmerising design. Slowly, he started to decipher a pattern emerging from the chaos. There were sections that seemed to fit together, and as he rearranged the smaller tiles, a door on the far end of the room creaked open.

"Guys! I think I found something!" Jacob's voice echoed through the room, reaching his family members who were equally absorbed in their own puzzles.

They regrouped by the newly opened door, excitement and relief evident in their eyes. The path ahead was clearer now, but the lurking Backrooms entities were growing impatient, their footsteps echoing in the distance. The family knew they couldn't afford to waste any more time.

As they proceeded through the door, they entered a corridor lined with flickering fluorescent lights. The hum of electricity filled the air, adding an eerie ambiance to their pursuit. Each step felt heavier as their adrenaline surged, pushing them onward in their quest for answers.

The corridor eventually led them to a small room, different from the others they had encountered. Instead of puzzles, the walls were adorned with faded photographs, newspaper clippings, and torn journal pages. It was a collage of information, a glimpse into the past that held the key to their predicament.

They combed through the room, piecing together the fragments of the unknown. The pictures depicted individuals who had gone missing under mysterious circumstances. The journal entries revealed tales of an elusive realm, a dimension that seemed to consume those unfortunate enough to stumble upon it. The family's hearts sank as they realised the truth-the Backrooms were a place where people got lost, where reality twisted and warped.

Their search for answers had led them deeper into the enigma of the Backrooms, yet they knew that understanding their situation was just the beginning. They had to find a way back home, to escape the clutches of this bewildering maze.

With newfound determination, they gathered the documents and photographs, stashing them in their backpack.