Chapter 19: The Moment Of Silence

Kayla and Sarah were now alone.No one else but them.Not Jacob.Not David.It was just them.Sad and alone in a new room with nothing but emotions now overflowing from them.

They fell to the floor crying.They had now lost a brother and a father and a husband and a son.This made the two of them snap and started to question everything.Why was this happening?Why were they chosen to do this?So many questions was rapidly going through their brain and they started realise that this was not the way to go they need to get through these rooms to the end if there even was one.

They decided to look to where the stairs had led them to.It was a sewer.They had been to so many levels but now a sewer.This made the two feel sick and physically unwell.This was the most disgusting level yet.

Description
The Sewers are dark, damp, and dirty, with water flowing through them. The walls of the Sewers are made of concrete and bricks, and there are sometimes pipes and valves running along the sides of the walls. The floors are covered in a layer of slime and moss, and there are occasional rocks or debris scattered around. There is a small area with grate flooring and walls.

Entities
Death Rat
Death Rats are Entities that can be found in various Levels of The Backrooms. With each population being unique depending on the Level it's on (Example: There is a species of Death Rat that is hairless to better cope with the hot temperature of Level 2). They seem to have inhabited the Backrooms for many years, starting out as normal rats and slowly changing to better suit their climate.

Behaviours
Death Rats vary in abilities, as they evolve their bodies and abilities to adapt to various Levels. On rare occasions, you can hear screaming, not from people, but from Rats chasing other Entities. Lights will flicker during this event, until the Death Rat stops or the Entity is terminated.There are many other types of special Death Rat, but most Death Rats are harmless and can be a food source if you're willing to eat one. Somehow. However, some species are very dangerous and will even set traps for you. They are smarter than you think.

Biology
The biology of Death Rats depends on the Level they inhabit, but some Death Rats can look very similar. The most common form looks like a normal house rat, with a long body, and black fur. They also have strange brown horns coming out of their head that have a red glow on the tips. Most Death Rats have a diet consisting of Male Deathmoths and Mould, although most of them can hunt and kill other Entities.

Discovery
It is unknown how these Entities were discovered, but a group known as The Lost referenced them as 'The Forever Changing Rodents' in their ancient texts.

Do's and Don'ts:
Do:
Most are harmless, but it's best to avoid them just in case.
Don't:
Do not try to aggravate them, it is unknown what they will do.

Hound
Description:
The name "Hound" comes from the dog-like nature of these Entities, crawling on all fours and mauling anyone that provokes them. Hounds are humanoids with strange biology, with arms and legs that are built for travel on all fours. They are highly aggressive, and are made aggressive when they see someone in an aggressive state, but can be intimidated by direct eye contact.

Behaviours:
Hounds become hostile the moment they see a human. However, they become intimidated when you give direct eye contact and stare them down. This won't work for long however, but it should be enough time to get your bearings and make a run for it. However, if you hear a growling noise, it's safest to stay out of sight of a Hound.

Biology:
A hound appears to be a human with long black hair growing on the head. They have sharp claws, and an extremely large mouth with sharp teeth. However, this is often unseen due to the amount of hair. As mentioned, they walk on all fours, and have a lot of power when they attack a target, despite appearing sickly skinny. Hounds hatch from eggs that originate from The Hive.

Discovery:
One of the earliest known video recordings of the Backrooms depicted a Wanderer running away from a Hound in an area that resembled Level 0. However since we don't currently know when the Hive was spawned (if it even had a beginning), we can't determine the origin of Hounds at this time.

Do's and Don'ts:
Do:
Keep direct eye contact with Hounds if one is approaching you
Stay out of sight if you hear growling
Don't:
Run away from Hounds the second you see one
Attempt to tame them