Part 1: Lady of Shadows

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you so much for beginning this story! I hope Yara's version of this familiar world brings a new, interesting spin to it. This ACOTAR fanfic has been literal years in the making and I'm proud to post this on a forum and share my love of the ACOTAR world with all of you. The events of this story chronologically align with the last few months of A Court of Silver Flames, although it was written before ACOSF was released, so those events won't be mentioned too much.

Please note that Yara's story is one of healing and rebirth, and deals with heavy concepts such as sexual assault (SA), violence, PTSD, abuse, and graphic sexual scenes. I've included a warning with each chapter in the table of contents that deals with such matters. I'd love to hear any thoughts, comments, or questions, and if you have any theories as to what will happen next!

Also, I am very happy to announce that my original story, Daughters of Light, has officially been published!! If you enjoy historical fantasy and magical realism that combines angels and demons and romance, it's worth checking out! For US citizens, it can be purchased online at Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

***

Chapter 1 - Revelation

Yara Vanserra goes for the kill, and has the grandest revelation of her existence.

Chapter 2 - Acceptance

Yara discusses the doomed meeting with Rhysand and Feyre and tries to accept what has happened.

Chapter 3 - Mistranslation

Yara parties in Velaris with Azriel, Mor, and Cassian while seeking a distraction.

[CHAPTER WARNING: smut]

Chapter 4 - Unraveling

Yara is tasked with tying up lose ends in the Dawn Court with Cassian and Azriel.

[CHAPTER WARNING: smut, mentions of SA]

Chapter 5 - Fluctuation

In her search for answers, Yara goes to Feyre.

[CHAPTER WARNING: mentions of SA]

Chapter 6 - Longing

The Inner Circle has a meeting to decide who will try to fix the broken politics between Night and Spring. Old friends return.

Chapter 7 - Pandemonium

At the Botanical Symphony, chaos ensues. Yara makes a decision.

Chapter 8 - Denial

Yara and Lucien glimpse the ghosts of Hybern's brutality on their way to the Spring Court.

Chapter 9 - Homecoming

Yara and Lucien receive a reluctant welcome to the Spring Court.

Chapter 10 - Alliance

Tamlin discuss the possibility of an alliance with the Night Court.

[CHAPTER WARNING: mentions of abuse]

Chapter 11 - Compromise

Yara and Lucien experience growing pains within the Spring Court.

[CHAPTER WARNING: PTSD]

Chapter 12 - Indulgence

Tamlin gives permission for Yara to indulge in her guiltiest of pleasures.

Chapter 13 - Anger

The two most important men in Yara's life rip into each other.

Chapter 14 - Discovery

Lucien confronts Yara about the secrets she's been keeping.

Chapter 15 - Time

Yara fights off another attack and spends days seeing through someone else's eyes.

Chapter 16 - Rendezvous

Tamlin's bad habits die hard.

Chapter 17 - Beauty

Yara shows off the secret parts of her world that she loves the most.

Chapter 18 - Bargain

Yara enjoys getting under Tamlin's skin a little too much.