Part 3: Lady of Autumn

Chapter 37- Tranquility

"What I felt as I stared at him was far from indifference.

It was... permanence.

It was my soul finally coming home."

Chapter 38- Bliss

Sex. That's it. That's the chapter. If you're not shipping Tamlin and Yara yet, feel free to skip this.

[CHAPTER WARNING: smutty smut smut]

Chapter 39- Everlasting

"I am a softer version to his rough edges. A rose to his thorns."

Chapter 40- A Better Version

She heard music in the words he was saying, melodies with no bands playing. For the first time, she was in love.

[Author's Note: The chapter title and description are quoted from the podcast musical, 36 Questions. If you haven't heard it, please do! It's such an awesome three hours!]

Chapter 41- Agilia

"I had danced like this once, wildly and freely and frequently. In another court, another lifetime. They'd nicknamed me Agilia, the girl with nimble bones. The urge to dance had been in my blood, in my heart, and every time I indulged, it became fuel to my fire."

Chapter 42- Tumultuous Reckoning

"I knew that there was something terribly wrong. There was only one thing—one person—in the entire world that had ever made my cousin this scared. The High Lord of the Autumn Court."

Chapter 43- Bloodstained Faebane

"Another silence fell upon us—the hollow kind, the kind that settled when a believer ceased to have faith, when a synagogue finally emptied, when the dying became the dead.

I had never seen proof of Eris's heart. For centuries, I didn't think he had one. How could a being that thrives in such darkness feel anything at all? But here laid that heart, bleeding through the rubble. This was... new. The side of him I never would have believed in if I hadn't seen it for myself. The part that felt everything, every crushing wave. The part that drowned beneath oceans of darkness until he became the darkness instead."

[CHAPTER WARNING: depictions of violence and blood]

Chapter 44- Genesis

New truths are unveiled, birthing a genesis in Yara's world. A return to the beginning.

Epilogue

And now, a word from our sponsor: Lucien the Schemer.

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you so much for reading my story so far, I hope Yara's version of the ACOTAR world has kept you interested! I'd love to hear any thoughts or questions, and if you have any theories as to what will happen next!

Also, I am very happy to announce that my original story, Daughters of Light, has officially been published!! If you enjoy historical fantasy and magical realism that combines angels and demons and romance, it's worth checking out! For US citizens, it can be purchased online at Amazon or Barnes & Noble.