CHAPTER 21 » WHY?

* * *

Prisha.

She wasn't an only child but she was the only girl child, she grew up having to live with the constant chaos which are her brothers and that made her craved for a sister, someone she could discuss anything and everything with, someone who was sweet and kind, someone who can make her feel special, someone who sees past her exterior features and considers her a friend and a sister.

And she has now found that person who happens to be Ione. Her best friend.

She has always admired Ione from afar not wanting to cross the boundary line that her profession has drew between them. She admired her nurturing and tender ways to the people close to her heart, she admired her confidence that never made her shied away from being proud of being in a polyamory relationship. She admired her intelligence as she was studying to become an oncologist, she admired her healthy way of living, her beauty, her way of talking and carrying herself in situations or normal interactions.

Prisha saw all she wanted in a big sister in Ione, someone who would care for her, someone who would love and cherish her, someone who would be able to keep up with her silly and childish ways, someone who would listen to her and be there for her.

And she never knew that the time will come when she will eventually be a part of Ione's life, even if it was through the cancer but she couldn't tone down her happiness for that reason only. And she was even happier to be there for Ione in the lowest time of her life.

Ione has become someone that is super close to her heart, someone she wants protect from any form of harm, she wants to do her best to make sure her best friend and big sister is going to get better and feel light once again.

She also really wants to keep to the promise of not doing anything to both the jerks and the bitch but how can she ignore that gnawing feeling that is making her stomach churn of disgust as she keeps seeing Hana bounce happily around in the hospital?

How can someone be so bad and heartless to be happy about another person's misery?

How does she have the heart or guts to approach one of those men and seduce them knowing fully well they are in a relationship with her patient?

How can someone be so bad?

She couldn't ignore it. The feeling to teach Hana a lesson while still keeping to her promise to Ione. She lost the strength especially when she overheard Hana bragging about her new celebrity boyfriend to other female nurses in the break room. She kept babbling on and on about so many things about the unknown celebrity.

She had no shame to even describe how good he is in bed and hefty in pocket.

Hana kept smiling like she has won the jackpot as she kept on talking about how he was going to take her out, take her shopping and how serious the relationship is getting.

She even mentioned marriage in a sickening squealing voice but the other female nurses couldn't help but awww at her.

They didn't know shit. They didn't know Hana, their fellow colleague is one of the devil incarnates on earth. If they knew, they wouldn't awww but they would ewww at the whole thing she was proudly spewing.

She wanted to wipe off that irritating smile off Hana's face.

So there was no questioning her reason for being dressed up and walking into a bar at dusk on her day off to meet up with an old friend.