Mark Lee: Missing him as much as he misses you.

"Try to stay quiet ok" + "It's just us, everyone else has gone to bed"

wc: 2.7k

paring: mark lee x afab reader

tagged: ex bf mark, they still have feelings, angst kind of at the beginning, jealousy, fingering

note: when i say i took this and SPRINTED || not proof read

minors dni

Being on vacation with a group of friends would seem to be a great distraction from everyday life

Being on vacation with a group of friends would seem to be a great distraction from everyday life. It should be a time where you can relax your body and mind, a time where you can let go of everything that muddies your thoughts.

There's one issue. He's going to be here. He, as in your ex-boyfriend, Mark. To be fair, it was understandable that he was invited. After all, the two of you ended on good terms, great terms even. He was still around during most hangouts and almost always available to you if you were to ever need his help. But also, to be fair on your end, you never really lost feelings for him. Nor has he, though you're not aware of it.

You're unsure as to why the two of you haven't gotten back together, aside from the fact that the two of you lead two very different lives, with very different goals. You were never able to meet in the middle. Either you're too busy or he is. At least it was like that. Now that the two of you have been broken up for the better half of a year, suddenly the two of you have all of the time in the world to pretend you don't want to get back together.

Despite seeing Mark multiple times a week, this vacation for you could have been your first and only chance to really sort out these feelings. You could have talked about it, you could have admitted your faults and wishes, your dreams even. But not with him there. Mostly because you'd definitely end up admitting before he does if he still feels the same.

So now, here you are laughing at some joke that wasn't even funny, and there he is, texting someone with full focus. Part of you wonders who he could be texting when all of your friends are right here in the same room, but you try to not think of it too much.

"What about you? Do you want to go?" Your friend asks you, mentioning a local club that, apparently, offers all sorts of experiences.

You nod, glancing over to Mark, who was already looking at you. The thing is, this little club trip is for the girls only. Meaning, Mark can't go. He can't go and see you get all touchy with some other guy and that, oddly, upsets him. He doesn't want you to go. Then again, he's not your boyfriend so he doesn't have a say in it. Even if he were, he knows he still wouldn't be able to stop you.

~

The club was a bust just as expected. You danced with both women and men, your friends urged you to open up and have fun, to loosen the reigns on your heart and get laid for the first time since Mark last touched you. It wasn't possible though, even in your tipsy state, no one had his face, his voice, or his hands.