Prologue Part 2: A Friend Found

Violet had kept her promise so far. It had been an entire month and no one was raided but it agitated the Vikings who gave (y/n) strange looks stating that he had something to do with it. His father was worse he would constantly beat him and tried to force him to say what had happened between him and the dragons. (y/n) told him what he told everyone "I don't control the dragons, they probably left." and then that was that. (y/n)'s brother would always be with his friends and tease him saying that he was a freak and then beat him up. But something happened to (y/n) one day...

Something was ready to come out of him...

Something dangerous...

A beast.

A dragon.

One day (y/n) was walking to the village hall when his brother, who was taller and more muscular than him, and his three friends grabbed (y/n) and started to beat him up. "Haha! Look at the freak! What's wrong lost your tongue!" one of the kids said while kicking (y/n)'s shin. "Nah he's just weak! Look at him! He's nothing!" another said punching him in the stomach. (y/n)'s brother, Augur told his friends to hold (y/n) up and started punching him in the gut, face, etc. "You are nothing! You don't have any GUTS! You'll always be the wretch of the village! You are no one, but a freak that belongs to the demons!"

With the last sentence, something snapped in (y/n)'s small body, and when Augur tried to punched (y/n) in the face, only for his fist being caught in mid swing with my right hand. Everyone froze with shocked of what had happened. (y/n) raised his head and looked straight at his brother. Augur didn't know what he was seeing, but it was clear that (y/n) was not happy but neither was (y/n) just angry but he felt a strange sensation in his eyes and his vision became sharper and clearer which for some reason made him frightened. It didn't feel natural. It didn't feel Human, but it did felt good.

Before anyone knew what was going on, (y/n) twisted Augur's arm making him scream and dropped him to his knees while (y/n)'s left foot connected with Augur's chin knocking him backwards, with an evil grin (y/n) backhanded the teen on his left while his right leg smashed into the knee of the other on his right. Both went down screaming in pain, the teen from behind, the strongest one, was surprised and started to become afraid and when (y/n) turned his body towards him and with unnatural speed (y/n) punched him right in the face before he even had a chance to react. Just before he blacked out he got to see a glimpse of (y/n)'s eyes. His glowing, slitted eyes.

(y/n) stood where he was and turned to see his brother and his brother's two conscious friends quivering on the ground in fear. 'Look at them!' Suddenly a draconic voice in (y/n)'s head spoke.

'Quivering under you.'

'You are not weak. You are no wretch. You are not nothing.'

'You are strong! You are Alpha!'

'YOU. ARE. OBSIDIAN!'

(y/n) grinned and started feeling his eyes become slits again, slowly walking toward his bullies and tormentors ready to tear them apart, having an urge to kill them, but (y/n) stopped, frightened of what he just felt. Bloodlust.

'NO I can't kill them, it won't make me better but a monster in their eyes.' (y/n) thought, shaking his head. The draconic voice spoke again but more controlled this time with a sense of concern. 'Forgive me, my instincts clouded your thinking, but they are wrong about us. About you.' (y/n) felt as if this voice was telling him the truth and asked 'Who are you?' The draconic voice responded with a sense of urgency 'Into the forest, before your sire finds you, and I will reveal myself, my other half.' (y/n) was confused but he didn't want to face his father afraid of what he might do. So he ran into the forests like the mysterious voice said, leaving the teens to their wounds.