Chapter 2: An Unlikely Reunion

(y/n) wondered what the village was talking about this time. He bet it's another meeting to find the nest and (y/n) bet his scales Stoick used the same excuse of 'whoever stays will watch over Hiccup.' How perfect.

Anyway after finding Hiccup (y/n) chose to help Hiccup look for the dragon ,but they had spent all morning trying to find the night fury that Hiccup hit. (Y/n) was hoping that they don't find him/her.

One reason is that night furies are rare these days and one being hit will bring them closer to extinction. The other reason ...(y/n) don't want to know if the night fury was his draconic brother, Zyrus.

(y/n) can't face him and just thinking about him brings back too many bad memories. "IT'S YOUR FAULT! IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU THAT SIRE IS DEAD!" AGH! (y/n) still has nightmares that will haunt him forever. (y/n) wish he could just get rid of them but it isn't that easy. Nothing ever is.

"Agh! Where is it!? It should be right here in this area!" Hiccup yelled turning his frustration on his journal scribbling everywhere and finally closing it. "Most vikings lose their axe, or their helmet. But no, I seem to lose an entire dragon." (y/n) then noticed a branch ready to be pushed away but ready go back swinging, and Hiccup was going to swat it. (y/n) tried to warn him. "Uh, Hiccup I wouldn't swat-" "OW!" Hiccup yelled in pain when the branch hit him in the face. (y/n) snickered at his misfortune and the look of Hiccup pouting. It was like a hatchling when they didn't get their way. "That branch." 

(y/n) then noticed a tree being cracked open. Like something crashed into it and Hiccup noticed it as well. He two boys followed their eyes to more of the damaged forest and decided to follow it. When they got to a little area Hiccup poked his head over a rock and instantly went back down gasping. He looked back up with (y/n) along the way and they couldn't believe their own eyes. A night fury tied up, motionless.

Hiccup became cheerful of his accomplishment while (y/n) was the opposite. "Yes! This changes everything (y/n)! I have slain this mighty beast!" Hiccup said while putting his left foot on the motionless dragon until it shifted startling both (y/n) and Hiccup, who was knocked back.

The boys realized it was still alive. It's green eyes staring at Hiccup and (y/n)-Wait. His eyes. 'NO! IT CAN'T BE HIM!' (y/n) was so shocked by the revelation of who the night fury might be (y/n) barely noticed Hiccup was about to kill the dragon with his knife. 

(y/n) became fearful of what Hiccup was about to do. "HIC-" "I can't." Hiccup said lowering his knife. (y/n) released a breath of relief until he saw Hiccup cutting the ropes keeping the night fury trapped. (y/n) tried to stop him but with the last rope cut, the dragon pounced onto Hiccup alongside (y/n) and they were pinned down by the night fury. Even (y/n) dragon strength didn't help because of the overwhelming familiar scent of the dragon.

The boys stared into the night fury's slitted eyes while it stared back towards Hiccup but soon focused his attention on (y/n). It took a glance of (y/n)'s face and instantly was staring at the scar on his left eye.

Realization and shock appeared in the night fury's eyes and then he roared into Hiccup's face. The night fury tried take off but took (y/n) in the process. Out of Instinct, (y/n) knocked his paws away from his body and landed on the other side of the cove. (y/n) turned his direction to Hiccup but he was passed out. (y/n) had no choice but to transform into his night fury form and went into a battle stance towards the other night fury. The other fury's eyes were huge and he muttered a name. "Obsidian?" 

(y/n) froze immediately. It was him... Zyrus. (y/n) started to growl when Zyrus took a step forward and froze when he heard the growling. Zyrus could tell that there was pain, anger and sadness in (y/n)'s eyes for just seeing him.