Prologue Part 4: A Night's Rescue

(y/n) couldn't believe it when he first heard it. He was actually leaving. The previous night, one of the elders told him that he was being exiled from the island.

(y/n) was so happy that he cried and thanked the elder for the great news. The elder was a bit startled by the joy he was expressing, but if it quells the dragon in the little boy the elder won't judge him. (y/n) hugged the elder and ran to his, soon to be not house to grab some of his things for the journey. 'You do realize you won't need anything when the dragons come for you, right?' Wolf asked, amused by the boy's spirit. 'I don't care! I'm actually LEAVING! I don't have to be on this gods-forsaken island anymore! You can't blame me for being excited' (y/n) happily said while packing his things with glee almost radiating off his body.

Wolf chuckled and mumbled "hatchlings" feeling the excitement from the little shifter. (y/n) didn't care what his other half said he wished that Wolf could form physically in front of him so he could hug the draconic spirit guide. 'I actually can. It just drains my power, making me sleepy.'

(y/n) chuckled and wanted to ask Wolf if he can but something felt wrong. It felt colder than normal and a shiver went down the young shifter's spine. His mind felt as if it was on the fritz, and for some reason he had a thirst for blood. (y/n) heard Wolf growl in the back of his head but it wasn't an aggressive growl but a cautious and fearful growl. 'Obsidian, we need to get out of here it's not safe. What we're feeling right now is the aura of the Umbra Phoenix Ignis, an ancient evil opposite of the Draconis Flamma, meaning that a dark shifter is nearby and if I'm sensing right, it means that he's close.' (y/n) didn't know what Wolf was talking about at the time but if this 'dark shifter' frightened the spirt guide then that's all he needed to know in order to know to get out of there and fast.

With great speed that made (y/n) look like a flash, he grabbed his bag and ran downstairs to the door to escape but when he got there, the door slammed open, revealing a man who looked down at him and smiled like (y/n) was nothing but his prey. (y/n) was so shocked that he didn't hear Wolf's warning of when the man before he was hit in the gut with speed and strength matching if not greater than his own.

(y/n) was thrown into the far wall. He was dazed but when he opened his eyes, a table was already flying towards his location. (y/n) snapped out of it and double kicked the table before it could hurt him, breaking it to splinters. (y/n) got back up and charged the man, knocking him to the wall near the fireplace and when the little shifter grabbed the man by his head and used his own clawed hands to get a firm hold drawing blood some blood, slamming the man's face in the flames.

The man didn't scream like (y/n) expected he would instead this man was laughing. HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO'S FACE IS WITHIN FLAMES JUST LAUGH AS IF IT WERE NOTHING!? The man kneed (y/n) in the groin, thankfully (y/n) harden scales to protect himself just in time, and was pushed off of the man. "I got to admit, you're a bit stubborn to die but I'll kill you. HAHAHA!" the man laughed while blacken-red claws form in his arm as he slashed at (y/n) with great ferocity, cutting the boy's shoulder and slashing across the boy's face cutting his left eye.

(y/n) screamed in pain because he formed his scales to late, but luckily this slowed the bleeding. (y/n) by instinct used his pyrokinetic abilities and blasted the dark shifter with a plasma blast from his hands. The dark shifter easily countered the attack by jumping over it and swinging his leg towards (y/n)'s head knocking the small body of (y/n) through the door and into the middle of the village.

The entire village was awoken from the sound of (y/n) crashing into a rock and started to surround the young shifter. Some them were shocked to see (y/n) in this bloodied state and torture while others had a smile on their face, especially Chief Svart which held the biggest smile that anyone in the village had ever seen including the elder.

Svart just stood with his eyes gleaming in eagerly waiting with baited breath of what (y/n) fate will be. (y/n) was angry,... no furious at the man he called father. (y/n)'s instincts were taking control but he still couldn't move since his body was almost broken, Wolf spoke to (y/n). "I am so sorry, Obsidian, I should've warned you sooner and if it wasn't for me being so incompetent, you could've survived this." Wolf appeared in front of (y/n) in a blink of an eye by the shadows forming the night furies body, and his face was filled in sorrow as tears streamed down his face.

All the villages could see him, and couldn't believe their eyes, A NIGHT FURY came out of nowhere and was crying for the boy that they all condemned. What shocked them most was when Wolf seemed to speak with his deep voice even if  they didn't understand. "I am so sorry, (y/n). I failed you as being your half and-." (y/n) interrupted the dragon by placing a broken hand on his snout. (y/n) was in so much pain and could barely see but he knew that the dark shifter was close by and getting closer. He looked at the dragon and smiled despite his pain which broke the fury even more into tears. "Oh stop crying, your a dragon, dragons don't cry. At least I'll die knowing I have a Friend... No a brother by my side." (y/n) told his ha... his brother, Wolf.

Everyone of the villagers had different emotions on their faces, some were filled with guilt, others sadness, and a select few anger, etc. The Council was having a hard time hearing this and angrily turned to the chief, who was surprised by this action. "WE SAID WE WOULD EXILE HIM FROM THE ISLAND! WE DID NOT MEAN EXILE HIM FROM LIFE!" The elderly healer of the village yelled at the Chief enraged by his actions. Svart didn't know what to do until a dark voice spoke. "Don't worry, 'Chief'. I'll finish the job."

Everyone, including (y/n) and Wolf, turned to the dark shifter and glared. A bunch of voices rang out disgusted by the sight of Galinn, "Who let him out!?" "It's that murderer!" "Why is he not in that cell to rot!" The dark shifter stood there and heard a dark voice in his head saying  'Get ThEM on OUR SIDE.' and he spoke up, once again but normally this time. "I know you all hate me for what I did, but you see, I was sick with a rare disease that caused my outburst and chaos. Thanks to your great chief, he has healed me and asked me to bring mercy upon his son who has the same disease as me."

(y/n) can't believe it the dark shifter was spreading lies about (y/n) being sick and getting the people on his side. But Wolf, his brother had something else on his mind when he roared. "You LIE! People of the village! This disease he speaks of? There is no and I mean NO cure for it! You all know that (y/n) is a shifter, Yes? Well He is also a shifter, a DARK shifter. And all they care for power, domination, and blood!" Wolf yelled roaring.

(y/n) was going to speak until but he felt so much pain in his chest that he felt as if he wouldn't be able to scream if life depended on it. (y/n) looked down and saw an arrow right in his chest and looked for the shooter. His father, held the crossbow that was just fired an evil smile was on his face. (y/n) started to feel very sleepy and before he blacked out, he heard the sound of a night fury diving down and a voice screaming. "NIGHT FURIES! GET DOWN!" then blackness consumed his mind and his eyes fell. 

AN: Special thanks to VelvetB00ks for inspiring me to have the courage to write my first story on wattpad