Prologue Part 5: A New Home

When (y/n) woke up, he felt different... Colder... and he couldn't see as if he were blind. He screamed but all he heard was a terrified squeak. He didn't know where the sound came from and he tried to say hello cautiously but the squeak came again but more cautious as well. (y/n) then realized that the squeaking was coming from himself, but why? 

He surly wasn't a mouse the last time he checked. He then heard a familiar and soothing voice. "It's alright my hatchling, you're safe. Can't see? You must be terrified that you can't see but don't worry, just focus on your eyes opening and they will." Violet said to (y/n). He focused on opening his eyes just like Violet said and they opened unexpectedly revealing lots of light and (y/n) screamed in pain, because of the sudden flash of light, but it only came out as a small shriek. 

(y/n) felt a paw covering my eyes taking some of the pain away and after a few moments, the paw slowly uncovered his eyes revealing some light but it didn't hurt so much this time.

He could see, but just barely, and as he tried to walk it felt wrong somehow. He then see a black blurry creature just a few feet from him. He squeaked in fright and backed up quickly but he just tripped landing on his back. The black blurry creature heard (y/n) and started to stalk towards him. (y/n) was shaking uncontrollably in fear, but when the creature got close to his face and his vision made it less blurry. (y/n) recognized not a creature but a dragon, Violet! Violet was smiling and looked at (y/n)'s body up and down for some reason, (y/n) then felt an urge to look where she's was looking and when he looked down he was shocked.

(y/n)'s body wasn't there, and instead there was the body of a small dragon, he squeaked when something grabbed him by the back of his neck gently. Whoever picked (y/n) up went to a nearby pond, where (y/n) saw his reflection. Violet, apparently, was the one who picked him up and instead of a six-year old boy in the reflection, it was a night fury hatchling! (y/n)'s jaw dropped when he looked at himself. He was magnificent, so beautiful, so....cute. 'I couldn't believe' He thought while still staring at himself. 'Do you love your new body, my hatchling?' Violet spoke in his mind.

(y/n) told her yes excitedly but it came as a cute squeak, he was embarrassed, but he was still shaking with happiness. Violet was having a hard time holding him, so she did something to (y/n) and he couldn't control anything in my new body. She chuckled and spoke in his mind while walking deeper into a cave, that (y/n) hadn't noticed they were inside of. 'The hatchling hold. Keeps naughty or excited hatchlings from escaping their mother's hold. I hope you learn your lesson.' (y/n) tried to speak but because of the hatchling hold he couldn't control his jaw, so instead he growled.

Violet's response was dropping him gently onto the ground in front of a bigger hatchling laying down sleeping. (y/n)'s eyes were so wide that they threatened to pop out when he looked at the sleeping hatchling. He looked just like (y/n) and Wolf except bigger than (y/n) and smaller than Wolf.

(y/n) wondered what happened to Wolf. Violet nuzzled the bigger hatchling and when the hatchling awoke and saw (y/n) he sit up straight, being taller than (y/n) by a few inches, and look down smiling and wagging his tail. "You must be my new little brother! Your so adorable! I'll be the best big brother you'll ever had!" The hatchling spoke excitedly.

(y/n) was so confused and blinked to try to process this but the next thing he know he was met by a wet, slobbery tongue licking his face, repeatedly. He squeaked in shock and disgust but the tongue continued to not stop until he decided to think of the words instead, 'STOP!' the hatchling stopped and was a bit surprised by (y/n)'s mental outburst until Violet lifted (y/n) by the scruff of his neck and took him to some sort of nest, where it was occupied by an even bigger night fury, Stryke. Stryke was grooming himself until he saw (y/n) and his mate but he mostly stared at (y/n) more and tilted his head curiously. "Where's his wings and tail? Shouldn't they have come in yet?" Stryke asked in confusion.