Prologue Part 3: A New Threat

It has been a few weeks since (y/n)'s interaction with Wolf, but he could still hear Wolf and (y/n) had gotten better in a few new abilities that had developed, (y/n) even learned that he can change my scales density to become almost impenetrable and, although he don't know how it was possible, he can temporary become a shadow as while as take control of the will of humans for a short period of time. He also on accident made the earth underneath him form into spikes  when he punched the ground in frustration of not being able to control his pyrokinetic abilities that Wolf  had to help (y/n) control before he burned any of the forest. This scared (y/n) but Wolf said it was normal and explained a bit.

"You see, Obsidian. Every Shifters has unique abilities and powers that come from their inner flames, their names and what dragon they are. 'Obsidian' is molten lava that has cooled down and formed a glass like appearance, that would explain your accident the other day that lead us to discover your Terra-kinesis. A 'Night fury' Shifters such as yourself have normally 'dark abilities' such as your Umbra-kinesis. Lastly the power to will others comes from the fact of you being an alpha, and as a alpha they can control others that have weak minds, but these powers aren't necessarily evil just dark."

Wolf always calmed (y/n) worries so (y/n) trusted him more and more. (y/n) had also gain a few weaknesses of a dragon, for example, an intense fear of eels, they burn his skin and makes him extremely sick. Another thing is that (y/n) seems to have a fondness for dragon nip which makes him sleepy and drunk. He can never forget that embarrassing moment but it felt so good.

These abilities help (y/n) with many of his chores. But one day when he was doing more chores, because his father was getting extra aggressive lately. (y/n) was doing these because whenever his father looked at him (y/n) could see the anger in his eyes.

(y/n) only saw that look of anger when his father was killing the dragons in the raids. Svart, (y/n)'s father suspects how (y/n) is able to suddenly keep up with his chores now. Paired with how there hasn't been in more then a whole month because of Violet's and (y/n)'s deal, and it didn't help when Augur, (y/n)'s Brother told him what happened with (y/n) fighting back and winning, well lets just say Svart wasn't happy.

Speaking of Violet, it's almost been two months, and there were no raids since then. (y/n) believes she really wanted him as her child, but he still worries about the future especially about his father. Svart been up to something in the past month and every time (y/n) was around him, his new dragon instincts screamed danger. The type of life threating danger and impending doom.

It was only a matter of time now. (y/n) needed to make his decision

And quickly.

(y/n)'s life depended on it that one choice. He walked to the prison to talk to an old friend, but instead of being threatened by the guards, they greeted him with open arms and with a large amount of respect in their voices. "(y/n), second son of Svart! Welcome to the prison! It's good to see you, again."

'Something not right here.' (y/n) thought about the suspiciously friendly behaviour of the guards. Wolf growled within (y/n)'s mind. 'I agreed with you Obsidian. I can smell deceit coming off them, just like the rest of the 'friendly' village, better be cautious, but don't let them know. Just act normal if they know you are suspicions of them something worst might happen.'

"uh, thanks I'm just visiting my friend." And with that said (y/n) walked into the prison and towards the cells. All the cells were filled with criminals, traitors, and innocent people who were at the wrong place and time.