Chapter 5: Befriending a Night fury

'I was sleeping for a few hours but I felt a lot better.' (y/n) opened his eyes for a few moments before yawning and started stretching his limbs standing up. He popped hid neck and stopped when he heard something. *Snap* A snap of a twig in the forest not too far away was heard and he knew what caused it or more specifically... who caused it.

(y/n) walked out from around the tree where he had been sleeping. He walked to Hiccup and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hiccup." (y/n) whispered. Hiccup jumped in surprise but calmed when he saw it was (y/n). (y/n) looked at the fish in Hiccup's hand. (y/n) looked back at Hiccup and nodded to the crack in the cove. Hiccup throw a fish out of the crack in front of them. Toothless heard the sound of the viking and went behind a rock to hide.

Zyrus watched Hiccup and (y/n) come out of the cracked entrance, but Hiccup got his shield stuck and tried to pull it out but after a few seconds with no success, left it. 'You got to admit he's brave for leaving his only protection.' Wolf mentally replied observing Hiccup. Hiccup picked up the fish and walked nervously into the cove. (y/n) saw how nervous Hiccup was and silently took his hand holding it in his own. Zyrus who narrowed his eyes at Hiccup, who has his back turned to him.

Zyrus got on the rock doing a small growl causing Hiccup to freeze on the spot and slowly turning around until he was eye to eye with the night fury. Hiccup looked cautiously at (y/n)'s brother before putting his sights on (y/n) himself and giving his hand a squeeze, turning back to Zyrus.

Zyrus pounced on the ground and slowly approached Hiccup and (y/n) before stopping a few feet away. Hiccup was nervous and slowly lifted his arms up which was holding the fish and presented it to Zyrus. "Is the human giving us an offering?" Zyrus growled confused tilting his head at (y/n) for an answer. "I believe so, you should know after all, you're the older brother here." (y/n) crooned mentally. Zyrus approached carefully opening his mouth a bit until he smelt metal.

The night fury's eyes went to slits and a threatening growl escaped from his throat causing Hiccup to dropped the fish and reached for his side, where a dagger was. "Don't." (y/n) said to Hiccup and he stopped reaching for the dagger. Zyrus growled at Hiccup and was ready to pounce if he was going to try anything. (y/n) didn't say anything else but a few words. "Drop it." Shocked but still trusting (y/n) judgement Hiccup took it out his blade carefully and dropped it. "Now get rid of it." (y/n) said. The night fury flicked his head to the water and Hiccup lifted the blade with his foot and tossed it into the water.

Once the main threat was gone, Zyrus perked up and sat like waiting a puppy with his eyes huge and expectant impressions. 'I bet he thinks Zyrus is cute right now.' Wolf chuckled causing (y/n) to frown. Hiccup nervously lifted the fish up again and Zyrus approached carefully, still suspicious of what Hiccup's going to do. He opened his mouth, revealing his gums without teeth to surprised Hiccup. "Toothless?" He said confused observing the night fury while (y/n) snickered silently.

'Ha! You wish.' "I swear you had-" That was when Zyrus's teeth came out and launched at fish, chunking it down his throats. "Teeth." Hiccup whispered in shock. Once the night fury was done with his snack, he stalked towards the two boys causing Hiccup to back away until he was cornered on a rock and (y/n) to be behind Zyrus. "This human looks skinny. Is he always skinny? Because he looks like an eel on legs. Am I talking too much?" Toothless rapidly asked observing Hiccup with curiosity. (y/n) glanced at Hiccup before blankly staring at Toothless. "Don't you dare." (y/n) said mentally but after a few moments he slowly smiled and widened his eyes. "Unless you're giving him a big one." Toothless responded with a smile of his own and started regurgitating his meal for Hiccup.