Chapter 1: The Raid of Berk

'Three Years of living on the island of Berk, I learned everything from reading and writing Norse to training of being a viking, Wolf didn't like that part but he accepted it. Oh, after Gothi opened his home to me I became her apprentice and I started to understand what some of her small gestures meant seeing as she would either just write on the ground in runes or make gestures for me to on what to do. I guess I also became hiccup's best friend... no, brother. But that didn't replace the hole that Zyrus left in my heart. No one can replace it, just muffle the pain. I'm 15 now and Hiccup is the same just older by a few months.'

(y/n) was writing in his journal when he looks outside seeing the fire as while as the dragons he closes his journal, grabbing his War fans as while as his Medicine bag with some of the most useful herbs for helping vikings that get wounded on the battlefield.

Deeming his equipment acceptable, (y/n) calls out while rushing outside "Gothi, I'm going out there," he calls to the small medicine woman who is in the front room of the healer's hut. She waves a dismissive hand, already busy readying her own supplies and tools for the inevitable injuries that come with a raid. (y/n) smiles and stops long enough to drop a quick kiss to her wrinkled cheek before he hurries out the door. He doesn't see the fond smile the action earns him.

For the last three years the queen ordered the enslaved dragons to raid the island and capture (y/n), but instead of being captured and returning with their prize, they returned empty handed but it hasn't stopped for years. It's chaos outside, as he expected. Vikings are running in every direction swinging weapons or dousing fires or guarding livestock. (y/n)'s eyes are sharp as he scans every person he passes. Thankfully, no injuries look serious enough to need his help yet.

"Chief!" he calls when he finally reaches the large man. "Anything?" Stoick spares the young healer a short glance as he swings his hammer at a passing Deadly Nadder, scowling when the dragon avoids the hit and flies off. "Not yet, no. Hopefully you won't be needed tonight."

(y/n) doesn't bother to feel offended. He hopes with every raid his skills won't be needed. (y/n) decides to rush to the forge where most viking that get injured know to go to find him. It may or may not also be so he can keep an eye on hiccup.

Unfortunately, (y/n) soon finds himself near the blacksmith's forge with an injured arm in his care. The cut isn't too deep, but it needs bandaging if Spitelout plans to keep fighting.

Stubborn as Vikings are, (y/n) knows they are. "Hurry it up, boy!" Spitelout tells him. "There's a raid going on!" (y/n) doesn't hesitate to yank a little too harshly on the bandages. He smirks at the sharp intake of breath and cut off yelp it earns. "What have I told you about rushing me?" he asks. After a few more moments Spitelout's arm is taken care of as he rushes back into battle.

(y/n) soon hears a lot of the vikings telling Hiccup to get inside because he is considered a nuisance. "Hiccup!" (y/n) train of thought was interrupted when Stoick grabbed the boy into the air. "What's he's doing out!? What are you doing out!? Get inside!"

Stoick sees (y/n) is still close by and with a simple nod (y/n) understood what he needed to do. "I know get Hiccup to safety and take out any dragons and or help the injured." Stoick nodded as (y/n) sprinted towards the forge with Hiccup by his side. Soon they found themselves at the forge and Gobber telling them that they could have been carried off. "What? No, they wouldn't know what to do with all this." Hiccup said while posing his small muscles.

'After the raid, feed him lots of fish and mutton. Get him all fat up and train him till he drops. That should get him to have some impressive muscles.' Wolf spoke mentally. (y/n) chuckled at both Hiccup and Wolf's comments.