Chapter 4: Anger and Control

Once the two entered the village, (y/n) was about to head to Gothi's hut but Hiccup stopped him and reminded him that they had a meeting for dragon training to go to. "(y/n), we have to meet up with Gobber and the others, remember?" Hiccup said while (y/n) groaned in exhaustion. "I just want to sleep." (y/n) whined getting a smirk from Hiccup and taking his hand walking to the Great Hall.

Once they were inside (y/n) was able to hear Gobber talking to the teens about what they did wrong during training. "Alright. Where did Astrid go wrong in the ring today?" Gobber asked while Astrid answered her own question. "I mistimed my somersault dive. It was sloppy. It threw off my reverse tumble." She said while she gave (y/n) a strange glance. 'What?' 'She knows something is wrong with us. I would be careful around her.' Wolf told (y/n) cautiously knowing Astrid is capable of finding out the truth if she tried. 'It's been three years since I came here and she hasn't figured out that I'm one of her draconic enemies.' (y/n) said trying to comfort Wolf that they were safe. 'Yet' 

"No, no, you were great. That was so... 'Astrid.' " Snotlout said dreamily while (y/n) gave a groaned of disgust. "She's right, you have to be tough on yourselves." Gobber said before looking at Hiccup and (y/n). "Where did Hiccup and (y/n) do wrong?"

(y/n) narrowed his eyes at Gobber, who gave him a nervous smile then to the teens who avoided (y/n)'s eyes and looked elsewhere. (y/n) sighed and answered. "I lost focus when we were hitting our shields to disorientate the Gronckle which made me vulnerable for attack." (y/n) sighed and was about to answer Hiccup's. "As for Hiccup..." 

"He's never where he should be." Astrid interrupted him and made Hiccup feel hurt inside.

(y/n) glared at Astrid but surprisingly she glared back. He was shocked but didn't show it and continued to glare. 'She would never glared back at me. She's too aware of me to even try.' (y/n) thought to Wolf who he could feel glaring at the blonde viking girl. 'She has the audacity to glare at US! But you are right, perhaps because Hiccup joining dragon training cause it. 'Dragon Training'? More like 'Dragon Killing.'' Wolf thought with a growl before stopping all together when Gobber got the teens attention back. "Thank you, Astrid." 

'Yeah, no thank you.' "You need to live and breathe this stuff." 'Trust me, I do it everyday. I love knowledge.' "The Dragon Manual. Everything we know about every dragon we know of." Gobber said while (y/n) mentally snorted at that. 'If that is true, you would have known about shifters.' (y/n) thought to himself getting a mental nod from Wolf in agreement. Everyone then heard the roar of thunder outside of the hall and (y/n) replied, "No attacks tonight. You want us to read?" Gobber gave a thumbs up and said, "Study up." before leaving.

Tuffnut looked confused and looked at (y/n). "Wait, he means read?" Tuffnut replied while (y/n) gave an affirmative nod earning a groan. Ruffnut gave a stupid comment of "while we're still alive?" and (y/n) rolled his eyes then Snotlout spoke. "Why read words when you can just kill the stuff the words tell you stuff about?" (y/n) gave him a blank look and replied, "Because without knowledge you won't know the weaknesses of each dragon. What if you meet one and you have no idea how to kill it. What would you do?" (y/n) waited for an answer but Fishlegs started listing down how many times he read the book.