In Seventh Heaven

Two Days Later
June 16th; 2023
Joe Alwyn's Point of View
I'm watching as the clock slowly ticks by one second after another. We were supposed to meet at Electric Lady Studios at 11. It is 12:49 and there's still no sign of Taylor. It's getting to a point where I'm getting concerned if she's even going to show up. It's hard to start a session without the actual artist you're working with speaking of the fact we have nothing. She better show up. I swear to god I need to get paid for this. I finally hear the door open and she walks in wearing jeans and a long-sleeved crop top...In summer. She drops a large purse on the couch and sits down.

"Nice of you to finally show up." I scoff looking at Taylor. Clearly, the last thing she wants is to be here.

"What happened to you trying to win me over? That guy was really nice." She takes off her sunglasses and tosses them on the floor.

"That was before I realized you were a bitch. You're two hours late." I sigh pointing to the clock.

"Interesting." She shouldn't care less. I then watch as she does something that leaves me speechless. She goes through her purse and takes out a wine bottle and two white pills.

"Are you getting high?" I just look at her completely dumbfounded.

"No. I'm getting twisted. Get with the program." She sighs and crushes the tablet with the bottle of wine on the table next to her so it turns into fine dust.

"Twisted?" I'm not into this whole drug, drinking, thing.

She starts to divide the powder into long lines. "Drunk and high." She closes one of her nostrils and snorts the powder. She sniffles a bit and wipes the edge of her nose. This woman was two hours late and then just sat down and snorted only what I can assume is something illegal.

"Are you sure that's safe?" I'm not sure why I asked the question as it clearly isn't.

"Are you sure that's safe?" Taylor mocks.

I sigh and walk over to the piano. I just want to move on from whatever the fuck I just witnessed. "So, I started writing a while ago since you weren't here."

"I'm usually more of a white wine person but today I decided to go with a red." She takes out the corkscrew of the wine bottle and tosses it aside.

"Can you focus for five seconds?" My hand is slightly rubbing my forehead as this woman is already giving me a headache.

"What's your name by the way? Is it Adam or Scott?"

I turn around and look at her. "Neither! We just met! We had a whole fight! You know what, whatever. It's Joe Alwyn. If you ever forget it just think that one British guy you hate."

"Okay, but I got a long list of those. You gotta specify it for me."

"I'm moving on. I wrote a melody and a verse. So it kinda just goes like this..."

"You don't have to help me. I can do this by myself. I don't need you." I know if I leave her here she won't do shit.

"At this point, I'm staying here to make sure you don't accidentally kill yourself. Now just let me play." I insist. She groans loudly and takes a sip of her wine.

I begin to play the piano, remembering each note and how they come together. F#, C#, G#, A#, D#, A#, D# F#, #E "I can see you standing, honey, with his arms around your body, laughin' but the joke's not funny at all. And it took you five whole minutes to pack us up and leave me with it. Holdin' all this love all out here in the hall." I finish off and turn back around and look at her.

"I don't know if it's because I'm high but that was some good stuff," She says before putting the bottle to her lips again.

"Thank you? I don't know. Something is missing from it though."