What are you doing

Ellie woke to loud ponding from her front door. She push the covers off of her and walked to the door. Ellie opened the door to see me standing there with my backpack fully ready for patrol.

"Ellie we have to go." I said frustrated.

"Shit I'm sorry give me one minute. "Ellie said leaving the front door open and walking over to her bathroom.

I went inside and close the door behind me. Her room was messy as always with her drawings strewn about her room.

"Sorry I didn't wake up." Ellie said from the bathroom.

"I don't have a way to wake up anymore..." Ellie said awkwardly, bringing up the fact we're on a break.

"Just hurry up." I said walking over to the front door. I waiting on the porch for Ellie cause I just couldn't be around her.

When we first started dating we didn't tell anyone. We thought it was best to keep it a secret. It was mainly Ellie who thought that. I felt like she was embarrassed of me or something.

We had a huge fight a week ago and we've been taking a break from each other. I hate to say it cause of how mad I am at her but I miss her. Waking up in her arms, sweet nothings she would whisper in my ear. I missed it.

Ellie and I were both to stubborn to admit that we missed each other. Our fight was about a lot. I felt jealous and that our relationship felt like a 60-40. I was giving more effort than she was.

"Ok ready." Ellie said shutting the front door behind her. We walked in silence to the stables, it was an awkward silence.

——

Our patrol was at an old warehouse. It was huge so Tommy and Joel went with us too.

"We will cover the second floor and the third floor. You guys get the first and basement." Tommy said pulling supplies out of his bag.

"Ok meet back here in 40?" I asked, Ellie was looking around, not listening to anything we were saying.

Tommy and Joel made their way to the stairs that were at the other end of the building. Ellie followed behind me as I tried to find the stairs to the basement.

"Whatcha looking for?" Ellie asked behind me.

"The stairs." I said trying not to call her stupid.

"They're over there." Ellie said pointing to a door down the hall. I looked at her and rolled my eyes at the fact she didn't mention it earlier.

"Jesus sorry." Ellie whispered behind me.

We made our way down the stairs and were met with a long hallway with several doors. Some were locked and one was open. I slowly opened the door Incase of any infected but it was a small room with a couch and clothing racks with dusty clothes.

"I'm gonna see if there's anything useful." I said moving away from the door. Ellie followed behind me-

"Ellie wait!" I shouted as the door closed. Ellie tried to open the door but it was locked. Ellie pulled her gun from her bag.

"Stop don't shot it. It's metal." I said trying not to burst with rage. The last place I needed to be was locked in a room with Ellie.

"Well what are we supposed to do?" Ellie asked leaning against the door.

"We just gotta wait for the guys to get here." I said walking over to the couch. I dropped my bag beside it and sat on the old couch.

"So is this a good time to talk?" Ellie asked looking at her shoes. I laughed.

"Not really." I said leaving my head back.

"How have you been?" Ellie asked awkwardly.

"Ok how about you?" I asked, already knowing she would say great or something stupid.

"I don't like when we fight." She said, her eyes full of regret. I didn't know what to say, I was expecting her to say that.

Ellie walked over to the couch and sat beside me.

"Remember that time we went on patrol alone and we had sex in that furniture store?" Ellie laughed loudly remembering the memory.

"On a scale of one to ten how would you rate that time?" I asked, this new confidence was overtaking me.

"Maybe a 8?" Ellie said trying not to blush.

"Your kidding right?" I asked scoffing.

"The time at your house when you got back from that long ass patrol. That was the best." Ellie said turning to sit facing me. Sitting criss cross on the couch.

"That was time was the best." I said turning to look at her. Ellie's eyes were full of lust.

"What are you doing?" Ellie asked smirking.

I laughed at her smug comment. Ellie moved closer to me, she put her hands on my cheeks and smashed her lips on mine. Ellie moved on top of me as I laid down on my back. Ellie slipped her tongue in my mouth and I moaned loudly. I ran my hands through her hair in total bliss.

Ellie pulled back looking at me.

"I'm sorry. I missed you." she said caressing my cheek.

"I'm sorry too." I said pulling her back into a kiss. Ellie kissed down my neck as I breathed heavily.

"Ellie." I moaned her name. I craved her touch, her skin on mine.

"Girls?" Joel yelled from outside the door. Ellie quickly got off me, offering her hand for me to help me get up.

"We're locked in here." Ellie shouted as she walked over to the door. She looked back at me, her cheeks pink and a smile she couldn't wipe off her face.