Eternity

"I love you." Ellie mouthed as she left the stables. I looked around to make sure no-one was watching;

"I love you too." I mouthed and waved goodbye. I watched as she slowly left the stables riding shimmer.

Ellie was going on patrol for 3 days, so I wouldn't see her for a long time. 3 days really isn't that long but it felt like it was going to be forever.

I walked back to my house, snow falling on the ground around me. All I could think about was my time with Ellie last night.

We talked about the dumbest things till we both fell asleep in each other's arms. Ellie gave me her hoodie for me to wear so I could feel like I was with her. She kept a small Polaroid of me kissing her cheek in her bag. Ellie promised me that she would sleep with it every night.

I took off my shoes and entered my house. I walked to the kitchen to find a letter on the table. I opened it to find a letter from Ellie.

Dear y/n,

I know I am only going to be gone for 3 days but it will feel like an eternity. I miss you when we've only been apart for 10 minutes. I left you my house keys in case you ever want to go there idk its stupid but I just wanted you to have them. Anyways, I love you and thank you for spending time with me last night. I really needed it. Also please drop off the envelope that's on top of the fridge at Joels.

Love you,

Ellie

Ellie drew a picture of Her and I smiling at each other. I was trying not to cry, but my eyes were watering.

I pulled myself together and grabbed the envelope from the top of the fridge and headed to Joels.

I knocked on the door and Joel answered.

"Hey y/n What's up?" Joel asked, gesturing for me to come inside.

"Ellie wanted me to drop this off." I said, handing him the envelope.

"Oh thanks. You want a cup of coffee?" Joel asked, taking the envelope from my hands.

"That would be nice." I said with a smile.

Joel and I talked for a while on the couch. He told me embarrassing stories about Ellie that made me laugh.

-

I was sitting in my room at my desk reading a book when there was a knock on the door. I was confused because I wasn't expecting anyone.

I opened the door to find Ellie standing there with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh my God." I squealed, giving her a bone crushing hug. She wrapped her arms around my waist leaning into my touch. I wrapped my legs around her and Ellie walked inside, shutting the door behind her.

"I was gonna come pick you up." I said disappointed.

"We got back earlier than we thought." Ellie said. She leaned in to give me a passionate kiss.