Late nights

I laid awake in bed, staring at the ceiling. I was so mad I couldn't sleep. I was tired but not sleepy.

I had enough and put my my shorts and zip up hoodie on and went to the living room. I grabbed my running shoes and put them on heading out the door.

It was about 2 am, the street was empty and quiet. Just lightly lit up by the street lamps. I stared my run attempting to clear my head.

I looked at all the houses as I passed them, most of them dark inside. I jogged down my and turned to the right, I realized I was passing Dina and jesses house. The lights were off so I assumed they were asleep.

I stoped once I reached the wall around Jackson. I took a break resting my hands on my thighs.

I felt two arms grip my waist picking me up, they put a hand over my mouth. I thrashed in their hold and turned to see Ellie laughing.

"What the fuck!" I said pushing her, she was laughing so hard. I giggled a bit too.

"What are you doing out here?" Ellie asked me. 

"I couldn't sleep. Why are you up?" I asked. Ellie shrugged and put her arm on my shoulder. She leaned in and kissed my cheek.

Ellie and I have been dating for just about 2 months. No one knows except our close friends.

"Come on let's go back to bed." Ellie said pulling my arm.

"I'm couldn't sleep." I said with a frown, she gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I'll go tuck you in, come on." Ellie said intertwining her hand with mine. We walked quietly back to my house.

When we both got to the front door we left our shoes by the door. We walked back to my bedroom.

"Did you get a new blanket?" Ellie asked me. I ignored her and wrapped my arms around her neck, bringing her into a hug. She snaked her hands around my waist surprised at my actions.

"You ok?" Ellie muffled into my shoulder.

"Yeah I just needed a hug." I said sighing

"Let me tuck you in." Ellie said pulling away and tucking a loose hair behind my ear.

We both walked over to opposite sides of the bed. I crawled under the covers, Ellie doing the same.

Ellie wrapped her arms around my waist from behind me and kissed my shoulder.