ℍ𝕠𝕨 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥 (𝕆𝕓𝕒𝕟𝕒𝕚)

{3rd POV}

(Y/N) is a 4 year old toddler. She was burnt out and exhausted from life. Her biological parents left her when she was an infant and she became an orphan, wishing to be adopted.

She always wondered why her parents left her, and why no one wanted to adopt her. Her caretakers would say her personality is unique and different and that's why people were intimidated to adopt her, but they knew that is was because of her love for reptiles.

(Y/N) has been interested in reptile species for awhile now, especially snakes. Everyone thought she was a freak.

One day there was a snake found outside of the orphanage where the kids tend to play. "Why the hell is there a snake, what the hell?!" a kid yelled, backing up about 10 steps away from it. Hearing the word "snake", you got interested and instantly found your way outside. "Don't be scared, snakes are so cute!" You said to the boy. He gave you a disgusted look.

You walked up to the snake and picked it up while a lot of kids were watching. It was a cute darkish green snake and it's scales felt wonderful. Some of the kids started making gagging noises or scared sounds that it would bite you. "What an actual weirdo, how can she hold a snake like that so casually?" You hear a girl whisper to someone.

"I think it's kind of cool." A boy you know in your orphanage said. They all stared at him weirdly for a bit but then looked back at you. "(Y/N), please put the snake down. It's very dangerous for a small girl like you to be holding it." One of the caretakers said.

"But I like it." She frowned, wishing they would let her keep it as a pet. You heard the whispers and gagging sounds from everyone, but it didn't change your opinion on how cute that snake is. "No wonder she hasn't been adopted." Another boy said. Finally having enough, you gently put the snake down and stormed back into the orphanage. It's just a snake? Why must they make such a big deal about it? One of the caretakers made an announcement in the morning about another guy coming to the orphanage to adopt. You knew you wouldn't be getting adopted again, it never happens.

You sulked in your bed for a bit while the other kids were chatting amongst themselves, forgetting about you already. A guy was let into the orphanage to meet all the kids. (Y/N) didn't feel like going since there's no point anyways. The kids would probably just tell him how much of a freak she is just to make themselves have a better chance of getting adopted.

At least it was her plan to stay there, until she heard some kids scream. "A snake! Why does he have a snake?!" This peaked your interest yet again. You walked down the stairs, trying not to put much attention to you, just wanting to see the snake. You saw a man with black hair, yellow and cyan eyes, with weird bandages on his mouth. But what really stood out was his beautiful white snake laying on his shoulders.

You stared at him in awe. The snake obviously.

The kids were kind of scared, they thought he looked cool at first but his snake really scared them.

"So is this it?" The man suddenly spoke to the caretaker. "Umm no we have one more kid, but she's feeling a little upset right now." She said. He nodded. (Y/N) was peeking from the bottom of the stairs. "Hey look it's snake girl, I bet she could get along with this crappy looking guy." A girl said, chuckling slightly.

You heard all of this but continued to just stare at the pretty snake, watching as it's eyes looked around. Obanai took notice to this, the kids thought they were slick but he could hear them quite clearly. You were zoned out by the snake that you didn't notice that the guy was moving closer to you. You looked up at his face, finally coming out of the stairwell.

"Uh... Hi. I'm (Y/N)." You said, kind of intimidated by his glare. "Obanai." He replied back. The kids were watching your interaction, which kind of made you nervous.

"Your snake is stunning, sir." She said staring back at the snake. "Thanks." He said, he quickly went back to the lady and started speaking. "Yeah I like that kid, how much time til' I can adopt?" He said. You clasped a hand over your mouth. That fast? Who chooses to adopt someone after talking to them once? You weren't complaining though, he had a cool looking snake.

The kids around you started whispering again. Things like, "I didn't expect her to actually get adopted." or "She deserves to be adopted by a weird guy like that."

At least you're getting adopted, and not them.