4. Jealous?

Chapter four.

            It was Friday, and it seemed that she and Tony weren’t as touchy as last Thursday. I even saw them fighting in the hall the yesterday, which is a good sign. I didn’t get to see the result, but I am guessing that it ended in my favor; they weren’t as close anymore.

And she wasn’t avoiding me. She smiled in the hallway and looked at me. It seems that if she heard the rumor, she made up her mind. If she was leading me on all this time, then everyone would know her as a bitch. The only thing is that I haven’t yet made up my mind.

            What was that hand holding about? It kept coming up in my mind, like a virus. Do friends usually hold hands in class? I was the only one who saw it too. But if I didn’t try now, then I’d never get the chance too.

            It’s just a movie. Not like she’ll mack with me or something. It’s not like she and Tony were in a relationship. I had a chance.

            “Hey Jules,” I had to act cool or I’d never have a chance.

            She blushed. “Hi Jack, what’s up.”

            “I, uh, I was just wondering what you were doing tonight?”

            “Nothing yet, why?” She was good at playing dumb.

            “Well, in case you haven’t, uh, heard yet, I wanted to ask you out to the, uhm, new Jim Carrey movie.” Smooth.

            “Yeah sounds like fun. You got your license right?”

            “Yeah, I’ll pick you up at 7”

            “Kay, cool. See you then.” Her smile was brilliant.

            “Bye.” I had to bite my lips from forming into a smile. I was so excited. I actually did it, and she said yes!

            I walked out of the school feeling like a new man.

            The next 4 hours were torturous. I took a shower. I ate. I begged my mom for money. My dad gave me advice on what to do, and what not to do. They were very involved in all of my 17 years.

            They were probably the reason I didn’t have a lot of girlfriends besides my inexperienced childhood of having girls over for play dates. Girls now like to drink, and party, but I’m not that loud. I would never get a tattoo, or do something stupid that would affect my life. I wasn’t afraid of my parent’s disapproval; I just saw no need for all the partying when were so young, and have so few responsibilities.

            I know that Jules drinks. I know she doesn’t have to much though, I’ve watched her at parties, trying to figure out what I’m getting myself into. She was pretty good for a 17 year old girl.

            My parents showed me that I could have fun without the accessories. Neither of them are big drinkers, even when they are out with their friends they always come home sober as dogs. The influence and dependence wasn’t there, and I hope that my children would see me that way also.

            I arrived at Jules house around 6.45. I was anxious. I walked up the pathway to a huge blue house. It had a huge window in the middle of it, with a fancy chandelier hanging from the ceiling, with blue siding, and a brown door. I rang the bell, and heard some yelling until a skinny Italian man opened the door.

            “Hi, how can I help you?”

            “Uh yeah sorry. Does Jules live here?” The man gave me a look as he nodded.