22. Struggling

Chapter 22

            I adjusted my collar in the mirror, and looked into my blue eyes. Okay, I can do this. I can win her back, I chanted in my head. I have this under control.

            But as I kept looking I saw fear grow in them, they began to widen as I pictured the worst scenarios in my head, involving, of course, Jules being with someone else.

            I closed them again, and looked away. It will be okay in the end. I mean, what more could possibly happen?

            Suddenly my phone went off loudly and I looked at the screen, only to see “AAAAAnna <3” on it. This girl is needy as hell. I mean we’ve only been together for a few days, and shes changed her name to the first contact, and calls me every free second. I was about to get out of the car and talk to Jules. I was nervous, but had the momentum going when all the sudden she popped up on my phone.

            I was pissed, of course, especially when I found out it was nothing important.

            But not as pissed as when Jeremy said the whole story in front of her, or even that loud. I’m not one for PDA, so this one was serious for me. Ridiculous. I actually plan on talking to him tonight. Another big breath. I’ve got this.

            I looked at the clock which read 8, and I heard my mother’s shrill voice through the walls calling my dad’s name. I bit down harder, and tried not to scream. I needed Jules. For moments like this, for everyday situations. I am absolutely in love with her.

            Which is frightening for someone to admit. But I think it’ll be easy with her. I didn’t really have a game plan for tonight, but that was my goal; to tell her I love her.

            “Hello?” I opened the phone just as the song was dying out

            “Heyyyy” Anna slurred out. The other thing is, she can change her persona within minutes. It’s crazy. Like when I needed her to be nice, and comforting, she was that. But now, since she has me and we’re going to a party, she’s going to act like a complete slut. Yay for me.

            “Whats up” I sighed out.

            “oh come on, lighten up. I wanted you to come with me early to the party, but if your going to be a party pooper…” she whined.

            “Uh, yeah sure, I’ll leave now.” I said, just as a door slammed in the hallway. I needed to get out of this house. Stressing me out.

            “Okay honey, byeeee-“ I shut the phone on her. This way, I’ll be distracted until Jules shows up, which will be approximately at 10:30.

            I walked out my door, towards the living room where the door was located. I grabbed a jacket in the closet there and put a hand on the door knob.

            “Anthony” My dad called me over. I was startled by his presence, and just looked over my shoulder at him.

            “Yeah?”

            “Make the right choice, and find someone you truly love.” He raised his scotch at me, and took a sip. My mouth was opened, and I just nodded for I had no words.

            I turned back around when I heard his voice again.

            “I know about Jules. I knew it from the second we both let you stay home alone. And I’m glad you’re with her. Honestly, I am. She’s a nice girl,” he took another sip, and leaned further into the loveseat he was sitting on. “And I can see you’re all shaken up, for some reason tonight. Go after her kid.” He gave me a weak smile, and I gave him one in return.

            “Thanks Dad,” Then I opened the door and closed it just as I heard my mother’s complaints being thrown at him.

            I started the car and drove over to Anna’s. She walked out of the house, in heels, but you could tell anyway that she had pregamed. I turned the radio up a bit, so I wouldn’t have to listen to her babbling on and on about some stupid drama.

            We drove over to the kid’s house, whose name was Dakota, I found out. It was packed already, and it was only nine.

            Anna stumbled out of the car, and grabbed onto my hand as she led me inside. She had on her dark blue makeup, and straightened hair that was up in a messy ponytail. Her dress was low cut in the back, I couldn’t even see, nor remember what the thing looked like in the front. It was sparkling, I knew that.

            “I’ll go get us some of those shots!” she yelled a little too loudly over the music. I smiled and nodded at her, and as soon as she left I started to walk around, trying to figure out a plan. I think I should do this in a quiet place, so I tried to find somewhere where people weren’t making out.

            Time flew by, and I still haven’t found any places to talk. I was getting antsy, knowing that she’d be here soon.

            “Heyyy!”  I heard a deep voice come from by the music. I turned around to see Jeremy sitting there with two guys. “This my friend is Dakota and Brendan, and this guy is Tony, the one with Anna.” He said once I made my way over there. He had on a tight gray and red t shirt, with jeans, one arm around some girl that looks like she was going to pass out.

            “Hey guys,” I smiled then started to think about finding a place again.

            “What you lookin for buddy?”

            “Or maybe who? I saw andrea in the kitchen like 10 minutes ago.” Jeremy smiled dopely at me again.

            “Her names Anna, and a quiet place to talk?” I corrected Jeremy then looked at Dakota.

            “Who you need to talk to?” Jeremy persisted, ignoring my correction.

            “well, first you, then Jules.”

            “Oh come on man,” Jeremy whined. Dakota stopped looking around and waved his hand to follow him. Seemed like a nice kid.”I thought we were over this Jules girl.”

            Dakota led us outside, to some seats overlooking a lake. It was perfect, and away from where anyone can hear us.

            “Thanks bro,”

            “No problem,” he smiled and walked back inside. Jeremy sighed impatiently like a little boy.

            “Listen Jeremy, I don’t like how you knew Jules was listening when you told everyone about Anna. Even though you were trying to help me move on, she was my friend first, before anything ever happened, and you hurt her.” I laid it all out on the table. I had 30 minutes to do this.

            “Listen dude, I’m just trying to help you out, you don’t need the little skank anyway-“

            “What did you just call her?” Anger flared inside of me, ready to take him on. I clenched my fists, wanting to fight.

            “Hey calm down,” Jeremy mellowed out. “I’m just sayinthat she’s a SKANK” he yelled the last word so it would make an echo.

            I lunged at him, knocking over my chair. He hit the ground hard, the chair falling over while he was still on it. I started beating the crap out of him, barely any fight back. It was only for a few moments. He was struggling hard, but was going to have a black eye in the morning.

            “Tony!” I heard her voice come out of no where. I dropped my victim, and tried to find her in the dark. Suddenly a push came out of it. “What the hell is wrong with you?!”\

alright, so what did we think of this chapter? Sorry theyre so far apart, and for the errors. They will become more consistent, I promise(: COMMENT PLEASEE