7. Confession

still need back those votes and comments<3 thanks for the support!

Chapter 7.

            A school week went by, and Tony and I didn’t make up. Plus, Jack was following me around as if he was my long lost puppy, not my boyfriend. Maybe he didn’t know how to act like a boyfriend? It needed to change, because I couldn’t go to Camille’s party tonight with him acting like this. I stopped him after school on Friday, and told him to listen up. Again.

            “Jack, I don’t know how this whole boyfriend, girlfriend thing is going to work out for us,” I started to say. His face dropped instantly, and I felt as if I was pure evil for destroying the kid. “It’s just that, we don’t act like boyfriend and girlfriend. They’re supposed to hug, and kiss each other when they feel like doing it. I just can’t see us being that way.”

I’m a cold hearted bitch. I came to realize this over the past few days as Tony stopped radiating his warmth to me. That his secret looks had stopped, and he would get up from the lunch table with the last bits of food in his mouth. It made my heart sink a little deeper every time, and I fought to hold my smile in place after he left without a word.

            “Jules… I didn’t know you wanted that.” He said softly, bringing me back to reality his cheeks blushing from realizing his faults. “To be honest, I didn’t even know you wanted to be with me in the first place, because of your thing with Tony…” My heart sank again pulling me back to my personal bashing session. If the heart sinking was literal, I would have a heart in my feet at the moment. Then I realized why he had said Tony’s name.

            “Who told you that?” my eyes looked up from my head, which was faced towards the floor.

            “Word gets around Jules. I heard that at every party, you and him go away to some place. No one knows where you go, or what you do, but I think I have a vague idea.”

            I was silent. What do I say back to that?

            “Listen Jack. Tony and I were never a thing. And even if there was something, it is in the past now, especially since we are going out.  I would never cheat on you.” My mind drifted back to our moments together. I missed the tiniest things, like when our arms would touch from walking in the congested halls together, and his warmness tingling into the points at where they’d touch.

            “So, what’s the problem? Why don’t you want to be with me if you have no one else to go to?” That was rude. I started to get irritated now. I was irritated with Jack, how he didn’t understand the simple things about me. Irritated with how I put myself in this position, simply by kissing the kid. It was just a kiss. I took a deep breath, and let it out.

            “Don’t you see Jack?” I said calmly. “I need someone who is spontaneous, who will do things with me. I need a guy who I can tease, and party with. Someone who will kiss me in the middle of my sentence, especially when I’m upset.” He blinked at me. Uhg. “I want someone to be a badass with. I’m sorry, but I don’t think you’re the one for me to be with, and I don’t want you to change for me, because-“

            He kissed me. It was forceful, and surprising, to be honest. My muscles clenched at first, trying to get him off me, but I quickly relaxed.

            “I can be all those things” he looked at me after he pulled away. “Without changing. I want you to be happy. I didn’t know you wanted that before.”

            I just looked at him, trying to figure out what to say next.

            “Let’s go to the party, and see how things go from there, okay?”