2. The forgotten first night

Jungkook's eyes opened to an empty room. He looked around before doing anything else to find that the man was gone. Pain pinged at his heart, giving way to an odd feeling of being abandoned. He sat straight and his hand reached to caress his rear after feeling a jolt of pain. If he didn't feel it, he'd think that the last night didn't happen, that he must've been sleepwalking and dreaming with open eyes. 

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't remember what happened after he begged Jimin for more. This wasn't even the same room he was in last night. A painful howl and a hiss from his mouth broke the silence. He sat up while pausing his breathing and let out an exhale with a dip of his legs on the ground.

The curtains were wavering from the fresh air when he reached for them. The air outside was cold and fresh, bringing a jolt of happiness to him. He forgot about Taehyung for the first time in two weeks last night, but the sadness wilted him almost immediately when his eyes fell on two boys playing outside.

He opened the back door and walked out on the small veranda. When multiple feelings catapulted themselves into to hormonal warzone, Jungkook closed his eyes.

What looked hypnotizing was now lethal in the day of light as Jungkook's gaze hooked onto Jimin's, his skin started buzzing with the same crackle of energy. "It wasn't a dream," he stated matter-of-factly.

Willing to plant himself into the man's front when he walked closer, his feet entangled in the web of wires and he stumbled. On hitting the floor, his eyes darted at Jimin who had stepped away from him like touching him would burn Jimin's skin.

The 18-year-old stood up and dusted off his clothes, the silent scraping under his skin prominent. "You should go and meet up with your parents. They are looking for you."

"How do you know?" Jungkook asked, controlling his urges when Jimin maintained a safe distance between them. 

"I heard them asking around for Jungkook," Jimin answered simply.

His eyes were deceiving. Jugkook wondered if he saw last night a doppelganger. How could Jimin seem distant and cold, standing in front of him in his comfortable green t-shirt with muddy-grey tight pants? "Can you answer a few of my questions?" Jungkook tried in desperation to stop Jimin from leaving. 

"Later, Jungkook. What you need now is to meet your parents so that they know you are safe. I'll wait for you. But remember your promise."

Jungkook gulped, afraid of the threatening tone but at the same time relieved that the man didn't deny the existence of the last night. He was confused, but his body begged for more, even when he was in pain. 

Washing up quickly and changing into temple clothes, a khaki pajama set, he steered towards the dining area on the ground floor. 

Numerous people sat on the ground, eating from their plates. Jungkook walked slower to cover up his limp while scrutinizing the surroundings. "Jungkookie!" His mother's voice reached him first before a masculine voice followed. "On your left!"

Relief cradled him and he jogged towards his parents. "Are you okay?" His mother asked the moment he halted. 

His father's hand grabbed his shoulders, examining his face. "You look pale, Jungkook. Are you feeling okay?" 

"Yeah," Jungkook felt like his insides were weightless and his outside was suddenly turning numb. His face was sweating, the sounds were mingling all together. 

"Sit," his father made him take a spot beside the many strangers and placed a plate in front of him, too. "Eat. You'll feel better."

Jungkook didn't speak. His eyes took in the soup and rice served to him. His mother sat beside him, fanning his face with a small plate. "I'll take you home if you still don't feel well, okay?"