6. Reason for his pain and pleasure

"I don't understand," Jungkook shook his head slightly while looking down, interest drawing around him. "What do you mean by a piece of you in me?" He could've run and hide. His heart was thudding as he waited for Jimin to confess. Although knowing that the next words were going to change his life, he was unusually prepared. 

"I am not from this world." Jimin let go of Jungkook's hands and turned his profile to stare out to the dark skies. Jungkook's throat dried up as he hustled for air silently. He didn't want to show his fear, but it was palpable. Pitch-black hair fell anarchistically over Jimin's eyes, thinly veiling the cruel challenge and virility in them.

Jungkook felt a sharp kick somewhere inside, the adrenaline pouring in bolus at the way Jimin looked at him. Never before had anyone looked at him that they wanted to eat him alive. Never once did he feel pleasure in fear. He wanted to revel in it by drowning, but as the man stepped nearer to him, his gaze tractioned into something kind, vulnerable. "Do you trust me that I'll never want to hurt you?" 

Jungkook let out a breathy "yes" before licking his drying lips. He held his breath. 

"I am Asmodeus."

The 18-year-old felt his chest constrict further before he let out an audible "phew." What otherwise would've been a silent atmosphere was filled with the teenager's giggles. "What's that? A clan who lives in mountains far away."

Jimin all but expected that. His pupils shook, mouth slightly agape as he tried to say something, but he couldn't pitch in between the wild chuckles that only multiplied with each passing jiffy. "You should look at your face!" Jungkook pointed.

"Jungkook," Jimin cautioned softly. 

The boy stopped for a moment before he sighed and turned to pace to his bed with his hands on his hips. "I don't understand," he mumbled, throwing his hands in the air now. "How can you make me feel all of the other worldly things? Am I too traumatized by my best friend's passing that I am blacking out?"

When he didn't hear Jimin's response, his neck craned to see no one where Jimin was standing. With the speed at which his heart wilted, he was sure it would fall out of his mouth as he scampered back to the window to peek down and catch a glimpse of the man, but to his agitation, he found no one. 

He didn't get a chance to form any opinion when a heavy groan reverberated outside his room and Jin's voice turned audible. "Jungkook-ah! What are you doing in there? I said come out and have dinner. The food will get cold and I am not heating it up again for you!"

Jungkook dressed hurriedly, his temper not failing to rise quickly. When he opened the door, startling Jin and then ignoring him, he stomped all the way to the dining table.

"Nice of you to finally show up, princess."

"Fuck off!" Jungkook grumbled, filling his plate with plums, some cheese, grapes, and salami. 

"I cooked noodles!" Jin on seeing Jungkook taking the uncooked items, protested. "You disrespectful brat!"

Jungkook hit his shoulder with the older without a backward glance while getting away. "Why do you always have to be a bitch, Jungkook?"

The teenager's legs halted before he could reach his bedroom door. He closed his eyes and regulated his breath, shoving the hostile thoughts and expletives that were bubbling in his mind. He turned around with a glare, pinning Jin into his vertical position. "Why do you have to be so inconsiderate all the time?"

"I cooked my ass off for you. I left the comfort of my home to come here to look after you. How am I the bad guy?" Jin countered, equally angry. 

"Forget about it," Jungkook shook his head and put the plate on the nearby couch. "I am not hungry."