13. An Unbelievable Saga

Hair erected on Jimin's neck so fast and his eyes widened before he could stand to his feet. His frame instinctively shielded Jungkook's sleeping figure lying on the bed as it all happened in a jiffy. When Jimin's neck craned, a man stood before him; mighty and ruthless.

Jimin didn't speak, stretching the silence in the air charged with danger and animosity. Neither did the man speak. The two stared at each other— Jimin with caution and a bit of fear in his eyes and the man with confidence and determination. "You do realize that he heard you," the man spoke first, amusement belittling the focus in his eyes for a moment. Jimin hid his shock, staying nonchalant, but alert, not moving another inch. "But he's in a faraway dream now."

"Why are you here?" Jimin asked.

"One would think that you'd ask me how was I doing handling everything on my own, but I guess it had come to this long before this moment," the former laughed, his voice gravelly and melodious. "You are misusing your powers, Jimin."

"I'll do anything to keep him. What choice have you left me?" Jimin asked, his voice turning heavy with emotion.

The man looked around the room and began to stroll towards a poster on the wall. He stopped to face it, looking at it with interest. "My offer stands," he spoke clearly. "Come back, Jimin. It's not the time yet for what you are planning. It's not the time yet to leave all of what you have behind even if I suppose you can convince Jungkook to go with you."

"He will go where I take him. He's under my protection." Jimin said curtly.

The man craned his neck, his eyes filled with wisdom. "I can see that," he doted the pair on Jimin for a bit too long. He sighed. "Is there nothing that will change your mind?"

"If you do anything to him, you can't even comprehend what I will do. It's him and I now. In the present. No more waiting. No more suffering. I've suffered enough. If I don't have him, I won't-"

"It's your way or the highway."

Jimin was breathing heavily, every freckle of his skin was on guard.

"How did I lose sight of what was festering inside you, son?"

"You don't know what it is to be in love. It would help if you hadn't let me have a taste in the first place. You took my service for granted, but I am just as shocked as you that you didn't see it coming." Jimin smirked for the first time, the silent challenge behind his eyes.

"Very well," the man straightened, pained expressions on his face. "You are the most marvelous creation, Jimin. It's a shame to see it all come to this. I know you don't believe in my decisions and don't want my advice in the matter of heart, but by protecting him, you are also killing him. You must know when to stop. I had my reasons for the sacrifices I asked from you, but trust me, son... You are very dear to me. I don't want to see you hurt again, not when you will be the cause of it. I don't mind if you blame me. I can bear it."

Jimin gulped, his throat tightening. There was a flash of light so bright that filled the room that it teared Jimin up before the pitch dark returned.

Jungkook groaned on the bed, his eyes fluttering open. "Jimin?" He croaked gently.

"I am here," Jimin was hugging the boy to his chest the next moment. "I am here, sweetheart."

"I can't lose you anymore," Jungkook repeated what he heard the last thing before he slept. Jimin's chest constricted. "When did you lose me?"

**

"You are not ready to hear our story, baby." Jimin's eyes were hollow, his body nothing but a husk of pain and yearning as he stared at Jungkook, leaning against the windowsill.