Details & Details

Matthew

"Their wedding is going to be a romantic wedding, but most of their centerpieces and their flowers of choice are the baby's breath. They are the type of flowers that is known for its tiny, delicate flowers which bloom in late spring through summer. These delicate babies symbolize everlasting love along with innocence and most of our past clients loved them so much, that we had to restock using the fake ones, so the guests couldn't tell the difference. They're like little clouds that are blooming..."

As I am listening and being around Flora as she discusses about Nicole and Tanner's upcoming nuptials, I am beyond proud of how far she has come to become the woman she is today. We met when were little and transitioned from kids to adults living different lives in the South and West Coast. I've watched her being fascinated in weddings when we were teenagers in middle school, especially her sketching wedding dresses by pencil that I thought she can go places with her talent. My focus shifts from her talents to her alluring voluptuous figure-- her tresses are now springy as they bounce behind her back while some of her elongated ringlets are cascading over her shoulders simultaneously as I take a whiff of coconut and peaches from her hair and glowing skin. My eyes wander off to an area where my mind is consumed with thoughts of carnality. Flora's beige top hugs her ample tawny gold orbs and lifted support, too. I never knew my best friend of twenty three years would blossom into this sexy, intelligent as always, and kind hearted woman that she is today. Don't take this out of context; Tabitha is smoking hot and gorgeous. So is Flora. I'm only acknowledging the beauty of the two women in my life-- my best friend and my fiancée. For Pete's sake, you pervert! Flora is your best friend!

"Matthew!" Flora calls sweetly, cutting me out of my thoughts. "Did you hear what I said?"

"No, what did you say?" I query.

"I was asking what theme do you and Tabitha envision for your wedding?"

Theme? What theme? Before we came to the Southeast, Tabitha and I didn't talk about having a theme for our wedding, especially right after we hired Daphne as our wedding planner. "I'm not sure. Tabitha and I talked about getting married at a church for the ceremony while the reception will take place under the tent."

Flora crosses her arms, making her ample cleavage be in display in front of me. Lord have mercy! She then picks up her glass of iced tea and I watch the tea travel up through the straw into her puckered lips slowly before she narrows her eyes.  I completely forgot about her thinking face until at this moment as I admire her pursing her plump honeyed mauve lips. "A classic, traditional wedding."

"What?" I put my hand on my chin and my brows furrow as I ponder for a brief moment.

"You know-- black tuxedo, blossoming roses and peonies, white princess ball gown, a color palette consisting soft with neutral shades of blush pink, ivory, and taupe and the officiant to incorporate messaging from the Holy Bible that covers love and marriage. And by looking at you and Tabitha, I can also envision some of the modern elements. Modern is known for its sleek, sophisticated, and refined appearance with lush greenery, metallic events, and lighting features as well as using a monochromatic color palette, on-trend floral, clean geometric lines, and pared-down decor." Flora clarifies.

I bring my turkey burger to my mouth, taking a big bite of the juicy burger  in addition to popping a fry in my mouth. As I'm enjoying my lunch, I squeeze my eyes shut as I visualize sleek drapery  hanging from the ceiling in the tent along with the lush greenery, gold accent silverware and centerpieces, and the taper candles illuminate brightly on our guests' tables. She's right.

"Although I'm only a bridal stylist and committed to make every bride elated, I think you consider talking it through with Daphne and Tabitha."

"All right," I nod, not because I agree with Flora, but because Daphne is mine and Tabitha's wedding planner after all.

"Where's the bride-to-be, by the way?" Flora queries. "Shouldn't she or Daphne be here with you to discuss about your wedding?"

"She's reuniting with her friends at the Hilton near the PBI Airport, but she'll be coming to West Palm Beach tomorrow afternoon while Daphne is in Naples." I answer.

Flora furrows her forehead and draws her brows together skeptically. "Naples? That's two hours and twenty five minutes from West Palm Beach."

"Yeah, Daphne is also visiting her family in Naples." I elucidate.

"Ahh," she nods and draws her head to her glass to sip through the straw in her drink. "And I said, ahh."

I chuckle at her sense of humor. "What brings you here in Punta Gorda?"

"I wanted to find something to eat lunch and I came across Bob's restaurant. I thought I'd pay him a visit. May I ask you the same question?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm here because it's near my house." Flora replies. My brows snap together. Wait, what? Flora moved out of West Palm Beach? She would never move miles, let alone hours away from her family and to hear that Flora moved to a different city that is two hours from her family catches me by surprise.

"When did you move here?" I query carefully as I don't want to go too far in her personal life, even though she's my best friend. 

"Four years ago when I got married," Flora sighs as sharp as a pin. "I married him for love and the fact that we have a daughter together while the douche bag married me for the opposite reasons."

"Wow, Flo-Jo. I'm sorry to hear that."

"Yeah, well. He's free to do whoever and whatever he wants while on the other hand; me and Celeste are free and taken care of with showering support from my family."

What a nerve of that guy to let such a gorgeous woman slip through his fingers! It is men like him that give us a bad name; they are too caught up in what they desire instead of focusing and returning the unconditional love a woman has for us. They should honor and genuinely be grateful to have a woman who promises to stand by them regardless of the good and bad. Love is greater than pain because when no one deserves to be heartbroken, especially Flora because when people are in true love, happiness glows inside of them as the sun radiantly outlines a special individual as they walk in the room and the first thing a person does is usually a habit whether their eyes sparkle like the light hitting a gem or their laughter bursting with joy.

"He missed out on a woman with a loving spirit. I hope you find a lucky guy, Flo-Jo." Her eyes land on me and her lips part. She then titters skeptically. "I mean, not today or tomorrow, but--"

"Someday," Flora giggles humorously. "I'm not looking for love right now, Matthew. I have God, my daughter, my family and friends along with focusing on my career. But thank you for hoping I find my Prince Charming soon."

Flora deserves a lucky guy who worships the ground she walks on and call her his own and I want her to have a happily ever after in her life when the right man comes. Contentment fills my heart on one thing that truly makes her happy; her career. I wish I have a career I could fall back on rather than taking phone calls in my office and stare out of my window in a trance until I get off work for the day. I hope there's a better route for me professionally, hopefully.