Long Time No See

Matthew

Matthew

"Florida?" Tabitha and I question simultaneously when Daphne inform that we will be planning our wedding in Florida unexpectedly. Why are we planning the day Tabitha and I declaring our nuptials in the state that I don't see myself returning to?

"Why Florida?" Tabitha queries nonchalant as she is going through her phone while she is sitting on the chair across from Daphne's desk.

"Why not? I visit my nieces and nephews in the summer because I was actually born in Naples. The scenery is really admirable with the beaches, palm trees, the community, and its residents despite the city being known for being one of the wealthiest cities in the U.S.A. I honestly think planning your wedding in Florida is paradise because just like I said before; Florida is one of the beautiful states to get married along with the beaches, palm trees, and the community. People are having beach weddings internationally."

"We're not having a beach wedding. I was thinking about Tabitha and I professing our love at a church." I decide.

"Getting married in a church is fine, but I would like to get married outdoors with the tent installed for the reception." Tabitha voices confidently. Despite our differences on how we view our wedding day, I'm willing to give what Tabitha wants to keep her satisfied for our wedding day.

"That's fine and you'll get that."

"So, will you have your wedding planned in Florida?" Daphne nibbles her bottom lip anxiously, hoping Tabitha and I would concur or not. Soon after I graduated from college and left to become a businessman in Santa Monica, I really felt like I needed to get away from shit, especially from one of the relatives in my family along with putting an end to their nonstop badgering to run their business. While on the other hand, I could see my mother as well as some of my old friends that I haven't seen since graduating from State College of Florida. And Flora, too! I wonder if she's working at a wedding boutique after she got her Bachelor's degree from our commencement ceremony. That way, we could reconnect because it has been four years after we saw each other to start off our careers.

I peer over my shoulder if Tabitha is with me on this one. She glances at me before she turns to Daphne. "How could I say no to the Sunshine State? After all, it is all sun and has beautiful beaches and the hottest nightspots." Tabitha undeniably reasons.

"We'll do it," Tabitha and I reply simultaneously. Daphne's eyes light up while her grin expands and claps rapidly.

"Fantastic! We will be leaving tomorrow at six in the morning. I already booked our flights just in case."

The Next Day...

"Good morning, sweetie!" I overhear my mom yawning through the speaker of my cell phone. "What are you calling me at this time of day for? It is 4:45 in the morning. Isn't it 1:45 in the morning over there in the West Coast?"