8. Found Her

Anwar regretted his words as soon as he uttered him. He'd told everything to Meerab and now she had left. He had to find her at any cost otherwise Malik would kill him. So he set out to look for his daughter who seemed to have disappeared into thin air.

---

"Did she have money when she left?" Murtasim asked his uncle. After recovering from his initial shock, he had decided not to trust Anwar Khan's words that she'd ran away with a lover. Meerab wasn't characterless, he knew that. Something else had happened for sure, something that Anwar Khan was hiding from him.

Anwar shook his head. "Only her mother's expensive jewellery set that I gifted her yesterday. She must've probably sold it and left the city."

Murtasim shook his head. "You don't know Meerab. She would never part with anything that holds sentimental value to her no matter what. I'm sure she's in the city and I'll find her."

Murtasim then turned to two of his guards. "Inn ko izzat se inn ke ghar le jao. Dhyan rakhna ke ye kahi na jaa paye aur na koi inse milne aye, na koi inse rabta kare, na ye kisi se. Kuch bhi aesa ho mujhy foran batana."

"Mujhy apne hi shehar me, apne hi ghar me qaid kar rahe ho?" Anwar was angry.
"Ap ki harkato ka pata lag gaya hai mujhy. Iss ke baad yehi karunga na.." Murtasim was angry too.
"Chalo jab 2 din bad Malik aa jaye apne bete ke sath meri beti ko lene tou uss se tum hi nimat lena. Mei tou mil nahi sakunga na uss se." Anwar said in anger.
"Theek hai. Nimat lunga." Murtasim tried to be confident but he was crumbling from inside. Less than 2 days to find Meerab and get her out of here. He had to involve the police now. There was no choice.

His next stop was police station after he dropped off Anwar in his supervision.
"My fiancée ran away after fighting with her father this morning." Murtasim told the officer.
"I see. Are you sure she ran away?"
"Yes. She took her valuables, some clothes and her identification documents along with her."
"Do you think she ran away with a guy?"
Murtasim shook his head.
"How old is she?"
"21"
"I'm sorry she's an adult. It'd be called moving out not running away."
"Her life is in danger." Murtasim urged the policeman.
"How so?"
"It's because of a family feud. I need to find her before my enemy does. I'm from a feudal family in Pakistan. I'm sure you have heard how things are within our people."
"Okay I'll help you to locate her but you can't force her to come back with you."
"That's fine with me."
"Where do you think she could be?"
"Maybe a hostel or a friend's house."
"Are you sure she did not leave the city?"
"I'm sure. She didn't have a lot of money with her."
"Okay then we'll start with hostels since that seems the most probable."

Murtasim nodded and they divided into two search parties. It was evening when they finally found a Meerab Khan registered at a hostel. The caretaker was ordered to call her from her room.

---

Meerab saw the policemen first and her heartbeat became unstable. Then her eyes landed on him. Oh God how much she'd longed to see him. "Murtasim?" She called to him her eyes were teary.
"Meerab.. Are you okay?" Murtasim stepped closer to her.
"Are you really here?"
Murtasim nodded.
"Hyderabad le jane aye ho?"
He nodded again. "Chalogi?" It seemed that they both had forgotten about the policemen and the caretaker standing with them.
Meerab nodded. "Bilkul chungi. I've been dying to come to Hyderabad to see you all."
"Looks like she does want to go with you." One of the policeman remarked.
"Yes thank you so much for all the help. You all really went out of your way for this."
"It's not a problem. We'll inform the other search party as well that the girl is located." Then the policemen bade him farewell.
"I'll go get my things." Meerab told Murtasim.
"Ok I'm waiting."